Author Topic: Information on my Current Projects  (Read 2671 times)

Offline airman00Topic starter

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
Information on my Current Projects
« on: September 28, 2008, 08:11:06 PM »
A lot of people have been saying that I have been spreading myself out on a bunch of projects - this is true , I do it so I that I always have something what to do and that I can switch to a different project if one of them gets frustrating.

1. Butler Robot - Improved version on hold for another 6 months , when I have time to design a new plastic body
2. Vision Line Following Robot - Designing it , estimated to be finished in the next 3-4 months
3. Biped Robot - On hold for 6 months . Well sort of on hold. I am assisting a Filipino team of compsci engineers with their senior project( the exact biped and sensors that I have) . In exchange for my assistance they will share all their code and work with me. This means that once they are done , they will send me their report and code and I will just upload it into the biped and it will work perfectly. We both have the same exact sensors, microcontroller, and biped.
4. SoR Book Project - Suspended until I see that other people want to help out , and its not just me writing articles.
5. Unmanned Aerial Vehicle - the NYC robotics team might attempt such a project in the next couple of months , so I guess I will build it as a team and then afterwards build my own personal UAV .
6. Hexapod - I've designed a hexapod and created a parts list but I will only be able to attempt such a project in a year or so
7. There are three other mechatronic / robotic related products that I am planning to manufacture in the next 6 months . Prototypes for each have been built and now its just that annoying phase of looking for cheapest parts , suppliers, and all the other financial junk. More info on these projects will be posted soon.

Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline pomprocker

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 16
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
    • Nerdcore - Programming, Electronics, Mechanics
Re: Information on my Current Projects
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:06:19 PM »
Jack of all trades, and master of none!    :D

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:49:20 PM »
Jack of all trades, and master of none!    :D
lol

www.Narobo.com

Offline sdavis6736

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 07:17:36 AM »
I lol at the old saying as well.  Having many projects at the same time is a great way to keep yourself creative, and when it comes time to be the master IT HAPPENS if you have the drive.  Any project you want to be the master of YOU CAN DO IT!!!  Don't let anyone tell you any different.  You go guy!!

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 08:05:21 AM »
Some updates :

Not doing the UAV this year , and not most likely not doing the hexapod this year either.w
The book project needs some articles ,and I guess I'll gradually add articles to it over the next year or so.

Everything else is on schedule. Tutorial on line following using vision by February. Products coming out in late December-early January. Butler robot and Biped Robots will begin probably around March.

Thanks for the kind words sdavis

www.Narobo.com

Get Your Ad Here