Author Topic: Power Distribution Block?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline blacksheepTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Power Distribution Block?
« on: February 25, 2009, 09:57:36 AM »
I'm using a 12VDC SLA battery to power my board and a handful of components, but using the board to control them. This means I have a huge terminal coming off the battery that I want to go into separate power and ground blocks. I already have them hooked into those cheap black ones with wires jumping from terminal to terminal to supply power across the block, but I can't find a decent cleaner version (the block takes up too much room). All I want to do is like they have for car audio - connect it to one terminal and about 6 other terminals are now live.

Any ideas?? I can't believe I can't find this...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Power Distribution Block?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 08:04:44 AM »
I don't quite understand your question, especially how you defined terminals and blocks . . . ???

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 10:34:17 AM »
Hi,

When I need what I think you are after, I take a square copper (or brass) rod, drill it and tap it - it's not very hard if you've got a drill press and then you can get them to any size that you want.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline blacksheepTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 07:41:16 AM »
Hi,

When I need what I think you are after, I take a square copper (or brass) rod, drill it and tap it - it's not very hard if you've got a drill press and then you can get them to any size that you want.
Thanks for the idea! This could definitely work.

Get Your Ad Here