go away spammer

Author Topic: Here's an LSM9DS1 Accelerometer/Magnetometer/Gyro for your projects : )  (Read 4483 times)

Offline NorDevXTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 1
It's in a new smaller ic so we made the board even smaller too : )  Here's what it looks like and if you would like to know more about the LSM9DS1 you can go here : https://www.nordevx.com/content/lsm9ds1-9-dof-accelerometer-magnetometer-and-gyro.  We also have arduino code to get you started.

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
Re: Here's an LSM9DS1 Accelerometer/Magnetometer/Gyro for your projects : )
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 07:50:30 AM »
 8)  Cool!
I am working on a walking robot, could this device help me? Do you have a microcontroller
already in mind to use with this, code - wise?  Thanks.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 09:48:27 PM »
It would absolutely help with knowing the orientation of your robot.  If you can be more specific to what you want to do with it I can let you know if I think it's possible.  I think you'll have much more of a challenge dealing with all those motors though.  I just put up some arduino code for the LSM9DS1 breakout board if you go to the link above.

Offline mklrobo

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • From Dream to Design at the speed of Imagination!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:34:28 AM »
 :) Hello!
I was planning on using an Axon microcotroller to control 8 servos. And yes, the programming will
be a nightmare. I have to be mindful of spacing, as this affects the angles, and thustly, the programming
to control them. (Feedback for positions will be needed, even though servo precision is there)
I have not used a board like the LSM9DS1 before, and so, my plight for research on the coding will
be first, following my choice of microcontroller. (Axon, which one, don't know yet)  I am relatively new to
this forum, so it will take awhile to adapt to the new items that are avaliable here.
Specs of the legs - two knees bent forward, two knees bent backward.(like a flamingo).
The motion of the walking, I have found, resembles that of a SINE wave, in my pursudo-programming.(?)
I wonder if the humans brain generates the same "programming" ? would be simpler to control, and balance.
hieght of the legs will be about 2 foot, upper body will be about 2 foot. The walking platform will be able to
"transform" between wheels and legs, and work load demands. Thanks for your help!  ;D

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 1
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 05:31:02 PM »
Wow so it seems you have a two leg robot so you will need an accelerometer and a gyro for balancing.  A nightmare?  You mean a petty challenge lol : )  Hmmm...feedback on servos...servos have there own encoders so you could hack into that or maybey use your own motors and put encoders on them.  The LSM9DS1 will work on any microcontroller.  I have my example code in arduino so from there you should be able to adapt it to work with your microcontroller.   When you search for coding examples of lsm9ds1 you can also look for examples of lsm9ds0 since they are so similar...the only difference is the registers.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list