General Misc > Misc

DARPA Urban Challenge

<< < (3/3)

JonHylands:

--- Quote from: pgrayson on November 26, 2006, 07:28:16 AM ---JonHylands,
Will your biped be something you will market and sell?

--- End quote ---

Eventually, although the first biped will be made from a Bioloid kit. The eventual one (which will take a few years to build) will look something like this:

http://www.huv.com/Robot-Raptor.jpg

The biped itself isn't all that important - lots of people have built those. What I'm going for is the holy grail of AI, which is really a software problem, although I believe you need a physical robot body to solve it.

Assuming I did eventually start building and selling the raptor robot, I would need to make an arrangement with Yobotics first, since they hold a patent on the series elastic actuator.

- Jon

Kohanbash:
militoy -
Which team r u with?

Militoy:
Well - the announcement came out, and cash prizes for the race have been re-instated, but only for the top 3 finishers. 1st place gets $2 million, 2nd place $1 million, and 3rd takes home $500,000. It's a shame the track B teams will no longer get a cash kick, just for making the NQE, but some money for top finishers is far better than trophies!

sdk32285 - sorry I didn't see your post earlier - I'm on the "Chassis Team" on Team Scorpion. I'm in charge of the control interface between the Mission Processor and the Primitives on the vehicle, called the "PCU". It's kind of an unpaid side job for me, that's taking as many hours as my day job!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version