Author Topic: $500 Scholarship from ServoCity  (Read 2751 times)

Offline ServoCityTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 18
$500 Scholarship from ServoCity
« on: January 02, 2014, 01:58:03 PM »

2014 ServoCity $500 Scholarship
At ServoCity we care about helping students pursue their dreams - that’s why we’ve decided to offer this scholarship. We believe it’s important to encourage young minds to explore their potential and we hope this scholarship will aid a student in doing so. If you know of a high school senior who would qualify, please pass this information on.

Application Form: http://www.servocity.com/html/servocity_scholarship.html

How to apply
The application becomes available on January 1, 2014. If you are at that time a high school senior with at least a 3.0 GPA, you may apply by completing the online application below (deadline is March 31, 2014). ServoCity only accepts online applications. Mailed applications will not be reviewed. ServoCity is looking for well-rounded students who not only excel academically, but are actively involved in their school and extracurricular activities.

Eligibility
- The applicant must be a high school (or home school) senior
- Anticipating high school diploma at time of application
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited post-secondary institution
- Planning to pursue a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math
- Earning a minimum or a 3.00 GPA at end of junior year of high school
- U.S. citizenship

How can the scholarship be used?
The scholar has one year to use his/her full $500 award. In addition to using the funds for tuition at an accredited college or university, the scholar may also use their funds for other educational expenses such as on-campus housing and textbooks. ServoCity will award the funds directly to the college or university the student plans to attend.

Hints for a successful application We offer the following words of advice to consider while completing your application:
- Do not use abbreviations or slang in your answers
- Proofread your answers
- Use the essays to tell the rest of the story that other questions don’t ask - talk about your responsibilities and actions where possible
- Choose a reference that will be able to answer questions about you from a personal and academic perspective

Important Dates
January 1, 2014   Application opens
March 31, 2014   Application deadline
April 10, 2014     ServoCity Scholar announced (all applicants will be notified of the results)

Offline Sylvestre

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 13
Re: $500 Scholarship from ServoCity
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 12:35:00 AM »
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.  I will be applying!

Offline Sylvestre

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 13
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 12:35:36 PM »
Is there any way to save this application so when I exit out, I don't lose all my progress?

Offline ServoCityTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 18
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:36:44 AM »
Hi Sylvestre -
Glad you found the scholarship - we'd love for you to apply!
Yes, we have recently added a "Save for Later" option so you can come back and work on the application at a later time.
Thanks and best wishes!
ServoCity

Get Your Ad Here

data_list