Author Topic: Looking for some pointers  (Read 1639 times)

Offline richidahoTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Looking for some pointers
« on: March 20, 2014, 11:39:02 AM »
Hi I'm an older fellow (45) trying  finishing a degree program from the U of Idaho in industrial technology (Idaho Falls campus.) For my final project I have be tasked with righting some lesson plans for a Denso six axis robot that was donated. The robot is now set up and should be running with in the next week. This robot is using wincaps III. I have never programed but I do know some electronics and hardware setup. The only knowledge I have about this robot is what I have found on the net. I need a lesson plan for start up, basic operations, and teaching pendant use. I'm felling a bit overwhelmed because I have only seen vids of the software and the operation of the robot. I'm kind of hopping someone one here can help me out.

Thanks,
Rich L   

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: Looking for some pointers
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »
It sounds like what you need to do is first actually learn to use it yourself. Make it do something useful (move a pallet from point A to point B or whatever.)
Then, sit down, and figure out what you would need to teach someone to have them get to the same point of understanding as you are.
If I were you, I'd focus on actually making it work and understanding it myself first.

Get Your Ad Here