go away spammer

Author Topic: Rex - an ARM Cortex-A8 development board for Robotics  (Read 1684 times)

Offline Crunchy TheoryTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
  • "Well great is ok, but amazing would be great."
Rex - an ARM Cortex-A8 development board for Robotics
« on: January 04, 2014, 12:47:49 PM »
Howdy! I just launched a Kickstarter campaign for my robotics development board, Rex, and thought you guys might be interested. For robots, it was designed to be a better alternative than the Raspberry Pi and to complement microcontrollers (and basically any device with I2C) in a modular fashion, which is something I always personally wanted.

Here's the link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alphalem/rex-the-brain-for-robots

Feel free to ask questions!
The only way to top an upright screen, keyboard, and mouse is to eliminate the need for humans to touch a PC at all. Oh, hello there Mr. Robot... what would I like you to do, you ask?

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: Rex - an ARM Cortex-A8 development board for Robotics
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 03:17:03 PM »
20A power handling? How thick copper are you plating? How wide are those traces?

Offline Crunchy TheoryTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
  • "Well great is ok, but amazing would be great."
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
Standard thickness, but the traces are enormous. The hexapod robot in the video really is running off Rex, to give you an idea of real world usage.
The only way to top an upright screen, keyboard, and mouse is to eliminate the need for humans to touch a PC at all. Oh, hello there Mr. Robot... what would I like you to do, you ask?

Offline georgeecollins

• Helpful? 3
    • Backyard Robots
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 11:22:56 AM »
That looks really cool.  I signed up for a board.  Is there a place where I can find sample code using your new operating system? 

Get Your Ad Here

data_list