go away spammer

Author Topic: STAMPY  (Read 3420 times)

Offline TalescosTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
STAMPY
« on: May 10, 2007, 07:34:46 PM »
Hello,
im new at this forum, im 14 and im from Brazil.
I got really interested in robotics, and i already build the "50 dollars robot"... and it costed me 25 reais, which is like almost 12 dollars!! I had allot of parts already.
Now i want to build STAMPY the one that has the sensor that detect movement.
Could anyone help me with a kind of step by step?
what Micro Controller should i use?
and stuff like that.

Thank You

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: STAMPY
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 06:44:46 AM »
My next tutorial that Im currently working on uses my 'Stampy technology' for the $50 robot. I will post code and plans and everything. It will be doing line following, but the source code is exactly the same, just a different sensor.

All you will need to buy extra is a 3rd servo ($9 plus shipping) and a sharp IR rangefinder ($10 plus shipping).

i already build the "50 dollars robot"
any chance can you post a pic or two and a description here?
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=1029.0
Im trying to get people to share ideas so we can improve the $50 robot.

Offline TalescosTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 08:18:52 PM »
ok, good.
But anyways, im wondering, how do i know where to put the cables on the microprocesso, is i connect diferent what do i have to do? reprogram or will it not work?
ic i take off the two photoResistors and change them to one  SHARP IR RANGE FINDER how do i know where to clonnect the new wires?
if i already have the two photo resistor and want to add a  SHARP IR RANGE FINDER how do i make my programing?

i want to know if there is a specific way to put the wires and if i have to use the ATmega8 AVR for all my project, or could i just use any microprocessor??
Thank you

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 04:36:24 PM »
how do i know where to put the cables on the microprocesso, is i connect diferent what do i have to do?
just swap out a photoresistor with the sharp IR, nothing needs to be changed.

reprogram or will it not work?
I highly recommend just studying the code for awhile to try and understand it. Make changes to it and see how the robot reacts differently. This will help you learn how to eventually write your own code.

if i have to use the ATmega8 AVR for all my project, or could i just use any microprocessor??
For the circuit you made, you must use the ATmega8. You could of course make a new circuit for a different microprocessor. The wiring wont be very different, so it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.

Get Your Ad Here