Author Topic: Robot_contraption  (Read 1727 times)

Offline PCIntegralTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Robot_contraption
« on: May 30, 2010, 04:02:02 PM »
I currently working on a begginers kind of project. I have learned so much in fabricating my own chasis.
I used the casing from an old floppy driver. The chasis is four wheeled with back wheels (*2) driven by a motor
SEE : formation of the motor from the datasheet

torque 588mN.m
output power 3.4W
weight 280g
rated voltage 12V

current as no load=max 200mA
speed as no load = 75r/min

rated(with load) = max 1.1A
rated(with load)=56r/min

Currently I have this hooked up to a switch which turns the thing on and ready to move. I have not make a reverse to the switch since I intend to do it the robotic society way.

I will encolse the pics. This is what I want to achieve.
1 The motor turning the back wheels have to be controlled.
2. I will like to have an arm onboard to enable the back side houseing the motor to lift up.
3. I will like to add a microcontroller with a motor driver that way I can do more stuff with my contraption.  
4.I will like to attach an arm with wheels at its end. why? This is because when it is extended and bent towards touching the ground it will then serve as a means of turning the vehicle contraption to the left or right.

My major problem is how to make this thing turn left or right without any further fabrication of steering wheel.

Pls find attahced the vehicle.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 04:05:10 PM by PCIntegral »

Offline TK

• Helpful? 0
Re: Robot_contraption
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 09:39:21 PM »
If you get a microcontroller on it hook up a servo and change the two front wheels to one middle one and have the front wheel be turned by the servo.  For a 4 wheeled vehicle i usually go with tank steering (one motor one on side on on the other the both turn one at a time or in opposite directions to turn)  but it looks like you are only using the one motor....

Get Your Ad Here