Software > Software

$50 robot + IR scans only once and drives constantly after

(1/3) > >>

HDL_CinC_Dragon:
When i turn my robot on after uploading the robotIR code into it, it scans ~45? in front of it and then just keeps trying to turn constantly. It never stops and scans again... any idea what might be causing this?

Admin:
Try putting something in front of the IR as it turns - it will spin until it finds something (search mode).

HDL_CinC_Dragon:
well that got a little bit of a reaction out of it but it only lasts about 1 second and then it continues driving again no matter what I put in front of it and how far away... the IR is rated 10cm to 80cm. would this cause a problem? Perhaps it can see too far?

Admin:
hmmmm hold it up so it isnt spinning then put something in front and see what happens . . .

there is also the chance you plugged the sensor into the wrong port? sometimes the signal from one port can interfere with other ports that are close by, causing it to sometimes work and sometimes not . . .

HDL_CinC_Dragon:
well right now it doesnt actually have wheels :P so it never actually moves but I have alternated between starting it looking at things and moving the things around in front of it.

... well ill be a monkeys uncle.... all the sudden it just started working normally for like a minute.... then it just went back to being a jerk.... ill post a video of my efforts: gimmie a minute

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version