go away spammer

Author Topic: Axon Bootloader for Alternate UART  (Read 1649 times)

Offline kl22Topic starter

• Helpful? 2
Axon Bootloader for Alternate UART
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:33:20 PM »
Hi,

I made a post in the hardware section and didn't get any replied.. Probably my fault for not putting it in the software section.

Anyways, what I'm looking for is the Axon II bootloader that uses an alternate UART other than the USB (U1). The reason is because i fried my CP2102 chip, and can't program my Axon anymore.

Yes, I do own a programmer, and I could just program the code in directly. But I'm in the final phases of developing a much needed 64bit version of FBOOT. So I need to have the bootloader intact for me to test to test uploading of code.

Please let me know where I can find the alternate version of the bootloader (admin said he posted it somewhere), any other UART is fine with me. Or please advise me on where in the bootloader code I need to make the changes to get it working.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:06:28 AM by kl22 »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Axon Bootloader for Alternate UART
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »
The file is attached.

You must use a hardware programmer to upload this new bootloader (ie you can't use this bootloader to upload a new bootloader).

How'd you fry the CP2102? (just curious)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 07:07:47 AM by Admin »

Offline kl22Topic starter

• Helpful? 2
Re: Axon Bootloader for Alternate UART
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 01:47:41 AM »
Thanks Admin!
It worked wonderfully.

BTW for anyone who is trying to use a FTDI breakout board and using this bootloader, you need to atleast hook up your GND to one of Axon's GND pins. Took me about an hour to figure that out  :-[. (Don't need vcc/3v3 hooked up)

Admin: I was in a rush to finish up coding of the x64 version of the flasher. And then my voltage regulator fell off (the legs have been broken for sometime now), so I was trying to re-solder some wires back on it. And without looking twice I connected my 6V battery to the 3.3V out pins and I hook up my usb... and i'm like why isn't it working. And then I realized what I did. Did some research on this forum, and it seems there is no coming back from it. Waiting for a local store near me to get new shipments of CP2102, and I'm going to try to solder this thing :D.

As a side not, I'll put this on a separate thread, but I got the x64 version of the flasher for the bootloader working. I'll send you a link once I finalize it (a week or 2).

Get Your Ad Here

data_list