go away spammer

Author Topic: Wireless Robot Controlled By RC Plane Conroller  (Read 1805 times)

Offline tylerc2018Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Wireless Robot Controlled By RC Plane Conroller
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:30:22 PM »
Hi! I am new to robotics and know very little about the subject. For a Science Olympiad project I inherited a robot that is wired.  The wiring is very old school, but the robot is still very usable.  The robot has two back wheels that move it that are powered by 1 DC motor each. Them there is a little  all thingy underneath that it sits on it front and acts like a pivot point.  Then there is a 300 rpm DC motor that lifts a bucket like a bobcat would. As the bucket lifts, it dumps objects into a hopper. The hopper then empties and is powers by another 300 rpm DC motor. I think the way to make it wireless is to have a helicopter remote control (transmitter), and a 4 channel box (receiver). This would be the way to communicate. Here is a links to show you what I mean.  http://m.ebay.com/itm/121257721735?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1    If I was then to run the drive wheels by two speed controls hooked into the channel box, would this work? Would they have to be identical speed controls? Also I assume the forward/reverse stick on the remote would also be forward reverse on the speed control. If that worked, I know I would have to have a power source which I have covered. Then I had the idea of the 300 rpm lift motors to be turned off and on and forward and reverse by a micro controller triggered a servo motor shock would be controlled by the left right switch on each joystick on the remote. The right joystick say would move the hopper up and down while the left one would move the bucket up and down. I know all this is a lot of info to proscess, but I figured there would be someone knowledgable enough to figure it out. Would any of this work? Any other suggestions? And by a speed control this is what I mean. http://m.ebay.com/itm/161120565214?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1     Than you and any help would be appreciated!!!

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: Wireless Robot Controlled By RC Plane Conroller
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 10:51:19 PM »
Is this the same project that someone posted about on Society of Robots?

In that post, the suggestion was to actually post a wiring diagram of all the parts. I also seem to remember that the request got a suggestion to use relays to replace the switches, or perhaps PWM motor controllers like a Sabretooth, and drive those relays or controller from an Arduino or similar small computer, and use an Xbee serial adapter, or WiFi "shield," to tell that Arduino what to do remotely.

Even if that wasn't you, well, that's what I would recommend for your case :-)

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 08:38:27 PM »
Could you send me some links because I have no idea what any of this stuff. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
Also, would my idea work?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list