go away spammer

Author Topic: obstacle avoidance using ultrasonic  (Read 6134 times)

Offline sambhavTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
obstacle avoidance using ultrasonic
« on: March 27, 2007, 09:23:36 AM »
i have designed a robot which does 3 tasks.. line following,obstacle detection and speed regulation..
i have used PIC 16f877 and the program has been written in assembly using MPLAB..
in obstacle detection ,once the obstacle is detected the robot stops. but i also want to implement obstacle avoidance..wherein the robot will steer across the obstacle and take an obstacle free path..
can anyone provide me the algorithm..or if possible the assembly code for the same... I have used two motors..one for left-right control and the other for forward backward motion.
Thanking you..

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: obstacle avoidance using ultrasonic
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 11:57:33 AM »
You cannot steer around an object with just sonar (mostly).

The reason is because the robot has no idea where it is, just where the object is with respect to the robot. The robot will have no idea when its gone around the object!

You will need to also use an encoder or digital compass so that the robot knows its heading and general direction.

Ill write a tutorial on this sometime this summer when I get more time . . . there are like 10 basic algorithms and a billion more advanced ones for object avoidance . . .

My Fuzzy robot used sonar to avoid objects, but it only had a random heading with no end goal location . . . source code can also be found on that page . . .

Offline Tsukubadaisei

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: obstacle avoidance using ultrasonic
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:16:32 AM »
Ill write a tutorial on this sometime this summer when I get more time . . . there are like 10 basic algorithms and a billion more advanced ones for object avoidance . . .

Me too, for the 100 bucks competition. I will be using sonars and encoders.
A.I.(yes those are my initials)

Get Your Ad Here