Author Topic: Beginner high school project - any help appreciated!  (Read 2123 times)

Offline RobotigorTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Beginner high school project - any help appreciated!
« on: January 17, 2014, 04:26:33 PM »
Hello, I'm a high school student interested in robotics and I just started my first project with some friends, but we're complete beginners so we're having trouble figuring out how to go about turning this idea into a reality..

Basically, we want to construct a speaker "ball" that we will be able to increase and decrease in size via bluetooth. We already have a spherical wireless speaker with bluetooth connectivity and we need to construct the rest of it.

So far, our best idea is to attach the speaker we have to a Hoberman sphere using elastic materials and also a bluetooth controlled antenna or antennas (aerials) that we will be able to extend and retract using a mobile app we will also build.

My friend is doing the coding and I'm responsible for the construction. I have little knowledge about anything like this and have just begun reading about robotics, so if someone can help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone knows about what tools would be better to construct this or if this has been talked about before, please share any of it with me.

Thank you!  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:50:00 PM by Robotigor »

Offline YuRq x DuBzZ

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Beginner high school project - any help appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:11:25 PM »
Hello,
I am also a High school student interested in robotics and i currently have an A.R (auto responder) robot so i think i could help you.

To clarify: you want a speaker that extends an retracts via remote control from a blue tooth device, yes?

If so then I can help with the mechanics of this.

Please say if you are interested in my help.

Thanks

YuRq x DuBzZ(logan)

Get Your Ad Here