go away spammer

Author Topic: $1000 MECH Robot, walking chair  (Read 18203 times)

Offline IceMetalTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Re: $1000 MECH Robot, walking chair
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 01:30:41 AM »
ok here are some old videos from the mech, I was trying to do the videos "back to the future" style, but  there is a big different between a movie and reality

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qM2xG9g8Jk[/youtube]

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 05:29:12 AM »
thank you so much for the video!

I have a quick question : Are you shifting the weight by moving around on the seat or are the motors doing that?
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 07:40:12 PM »
thank you so much for the video!

I have a quick question : Are you shifting the weight by moving around on the seat or are the motors doing that?

the motors are doing that as you can see in the video when I put the laundry bag on top of it, here is a close of up of the wires that are on the side, that when you the legs extend the wires change the balance

Offline S9//Batou

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 05:39:40 PM »
Isnt it kinda obvious why funny cats gets more hits then jiggling slothbot?  :-\ I dont mean to be harsh, but you cant be searious? all I can say is dont quit your day job...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:56:33 PM by S9//Batou »
Knowledge is Power - Sharing Knowledge is Freedom

Offline ribsen

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:12 PM »
Looks awsome, a few more years of robotic research and this might be the new wheelchair for the disabled :P

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 10:19:02 AM »
Keep at it ice metal. Make sure you continue to look at all possible ways to make those legs move and still get the speed and torque you need. Perhaps hit a junkyard or something for parts... junkyard = heaven on earth. Ive been meaning to do that for a while now >_<
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 04:00:01 PM »
Isnt it kinda obvious why funny cats gets more hits then jiggling slothbot?  :-\ I dont mean to be harsh, but you cant be searious? all I can say is dont quit your day job...

my point is that the average person doesnt care about robotics, and thats the reason why I stoped there and I didnt do any improvement, people doesnt seem to care.  not even asimo that is a complex robot in develop for over 20 years got more hits than funny cats.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 04:13:45 PM by IceMetal »

Offline BANE

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • E=roboticsC^2
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2008, 06:59:28 PM »
You could utilize a lot more efficient walking designs if you upgraded to maybe some high-torque wheel chair motors.  Making things walk with payload can be one of the most difficult things; my to small bipeds failed at first ;)

Bane

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2008, 08:31:32 PM »
You could utilize a lot more efficient walking designs if you upgraded to maybe some high-torque wheel chair motors.  Making things walk with payload can be one of the most difficult things; my to small bipeds failed at first ;)

Bane

YOu are right wheelchair motor would had work better, I just had thouse at home thats why I used them, they were like $16 each from allelectronics,  all the parts were from home depot and the chair was from wallmart, this project it been sitting in the garage collecting dust, someday I will go back to it again, and make it walk like it supost to, and ad some arms to it :)

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 09:38:52 PM »
Dont forget lasers of doom :)

But I would recommend fiddling with what youve got just to see what you can come up with. Even if it has nothing to do with your original plans or anything. I think you would enjoy doing something like that as well as learning things or coming up with ideas inadvertently. And do that junkyard idea :)

-Dragon
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

Get Your Ad Here

data_list