Author Topic: Need a robot in Los Angeles.  (Read 1828 times)

Offline markdammit!Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need a robot in Los Angeles.
« on: July 05, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »
Hello all! My name is Mark I am an up and coming Director/Producer that so far has done low budget productions. My production company is shooting a pilot for a sci-fi comedy. I am hoping to find some one who has a robot, or will put one together I can use with two arms and a head. The original robot we used was a puppet but I know there are brilliant people out there who can make the real thing so... I'm here looking. The story is about a group of rogue-ish guys who fly around the galaxy and don't want to grow up but are looking for hot chicks, places for dirt biking, gambling, and any way to make a quick buck. The robot is actually the smartest one on the space ship but he only speaks spanish. (we dub in the spanish) The style of comedy is not politically correct and in the way of "B" movies. The robot will only be seen from the waist up. Unfortunately there is no pay unless it gets picked up and I'm looking for some one who is hopefully in Southern California. Any suggestions or advice? Thank you, Mark.

Offline Xyver

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Need a robot in Los Angeles.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 07:14:25 PM »
I dont live there, but I'm sure you will get a better response if you make a more detailed list of what it has to do.  How big does it have to be?  Is it human-dimensioned or different(normal length arms, super big head, giant hands...)?  What does it have to do (move arms, blink eyes, open mouth, swivel neck, talk...)?

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »
Yeah your right I guess that kind of detail will make a difference, thanks. Well I'd like it to be human like in the way of a head arms and torso at least the size of a human or small human. The most important part would be of the head and left arm could move. here's some pictures of the puppet we used in our "joke" episodes years ago./Users/markhowe/Desktop/robotpic-1.png/Users/markhowe/Desktop/robotpic-2.png/Users/markhowe/Desktop/robotpic-3.png/Users/markhowe/Desktop/robotpic-4.png/Users/markhowe/Desktop/robotpic-5.png/Users/markhowe/Desktop/robotpic-6.png/Users/markhowe/Desktop/robotpic-7.png

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:41:26 PM »
ha ha guess that didn't work O-well think of C3PO in the first crappy star wars movie with out "skin" on. Thanks again every one.

Offline Asellith

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
  • "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
    • CorSec Engineering
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 09:10:21 AM »
you can attach pictures by clicking additional options at the bottom of the post and uploading them. What your asking is rather expensive to build. So if someone had something similar. I know we have a few examples of butler robots that might work. Check the tutorials section. But to scratch build something would cost a lot. Sounds like a fun project. If you post it someplace let us know I wouldn't mind seeing it. Good luck finding to robot.
Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline milwaukeemachineman

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
  • Johnny 5 is ALIVE!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 11:45:50 AM »
Mark, there is a place that might be able to help you out here, a group of talented robot builders can be found at Alphadrome (www.danefield.com)

Many already have what your looking for and I would suggest them as a place to start.

Best of luck,
Mike, milwaukeemachineman
Johnny 5, "You Know the Name, Now Own the Toy!"

data_list