Author Topic: need help with making human like robotic hand!!!  (Read 2272 times)

Offline animeunpluggedTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
    • The Nishi Project
need help with making human like robotic hand!!!
« on: June 09, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »
A tutorials,video,info,or parts list would really help!!! ;D
Here is my blog with updates on all of my robot projects:
http://nishiproject.blogspot.com/

Projects I am working on now:
Masha robot

• Helpful? 0
    • The Nishi Project
Re: need help with making human like robotic hand!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:12:18 PM »
something like this Mechanical hand
But what would i need to get to make a hand like the one in that video?

Masha robot

Offline The Big B

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:01:52 AM »
This is a very complex task which you are trying to carry out but has the potential to be something amazing. I presume you want to try to replicate the human hand as best as possible however I suggest you simplify your design for your first attempt to minimize the complexity.

I would simplify as follows:
1. Treat the palm as a solid platform, a human hand can curve in the middle but for starters it would be easier remove this motion.
2. Each finger has 2 rotational DOF's where they meet the hand, to simplify this fix one of these DOF's on each digit (including the thumb) so that the hand can make a fist.
3. You should now have a hand with hinged joints only, to control these I suggest you use a cable mechanism with a rack and pinion to control them. This should give you some degree of accuracy.

Does that help at all?

• Helpful? 0
    • The Nishi Project
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 09:14:46 PM »
This is a very complex task which you are trying to carry out but has the potential to be something amazing. I presume you want to try to replicate the human hand as best as possible however I suggest you simplify your design for your first attempt to minimize the complexity.

I would simplify as follows:
1. Treat the palm as a solid platform, a human hand can curve in the middle but for starters it would be easier remove this motion.
2. Each finger has 2 rotational DOF's where they meet the hand, to simplify this fix one of these DOF's on each digit (including the thumb) so that the hand can make a fist.
3. You should now have a hand with hinged joints only, to control these I suggest you use a cable mechanism with a rack and pinion to control them. This should give you some degree of accuracy.

Does that help at all?
yes it does thank you so much!!!

Masha robot

Get Your Ad Here