go away spammer

Author Topic: Is there a better option for camera/monitor setup?  (Read 1479 times)

Offline bsamuelsTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Is there a better option for camera/monitor setup?
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:13:56 PM »
I'm working on a robot that will survey into small areas which require use of a camera that broadcasts at least 20m along with a portable tv that the picture can be displayed on. Right now I'm looking at using this camera http://www.shopkami.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=1049&category_id=77 along with this portable tv http://www.amazon.com/Haier-HLT71-7-Inch-Handheld-LCD/dp/B001E78UQY/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_1

However, the TV seems to be a little overkill quality wise, all we need is a good picture to tell roughly what's going on. Is there a cheaper option for either the camera or the TV?

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
Re: Is there a better option for camera/monitor setup?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 04:32:47 AM »
well when you think about it over all is only 120 bucks. not alot for what you have selected and need.

as for the quality they are the cheapest ones i have seen and really look good value for money. i'm thinking there have to be ones out there are cheaper that accomplish what you want.

i'm sure there are different ones out there but the ones you have pointed out look great and from my experience look good value for money. although i have never needed such things on a robotics budget.

i'll have a look and report back.

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
Re: Is there a better option for camera/monitor setup?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 04:42:19 AM »
i did a quick search on ebay and there were a number of things that were cheaper. i didnt post anything as i dont know what your excat specifications are. but i am sure you'll find something.

so have a quick search, i am sure you'll find something upto your quality standard. unless you have already loked there or it isnt practical to buy from there for you.

Good luck

Joker94

Get Your Ad Here