Author Topic: winch servo and warm wheels  (Read 2597 times)

Offline aruna1Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • I'm an Ordinary guy
winch servo and warm wheels
« on: September 11, 2010, 06:25:07 PM »
Guys I have two main questions about gear motors.

1. I have two micro servos (http://cgi.ebay.com/Micro-9g-Mini-Servo-Futaba-Hitec-HS-55-GWS-walkera-RC-/170507970869?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b3112935) with plastic gears.can I winch them and use to drive my robot? if so what will be the max rpm and torque?

2. can we use cheap 3v motor with warm and warm wheel mechanism to get good torque to drive a robot? is there any tutorial I can follow?

thank you
I'm Me

Offline waltr

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 99
Re: winch servo and warm wheels
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »
I know English isn't your first language so figuring out what you mean took a minute of thought. So, to help out anyone else reading this here is what I think you mean. Please do not take offense as your English is fair Superior to my any other language.

can I winch them and use to drive my robot?
A winch does not have 'stops' so it can continuously rotate.
Most hobby servos can be modified for continuously rotation. However, some are easier to do than others. Hopefully some one has experience with the servos you linked to.
Futaba should have the specs for those servos on their web site listing the torque and speed (how long it takes to move 90°).

warm and warm wheel mechanism
This is a Worm and Worm gear drive.
This is a viable method to get a speed (RPM) reduction and torque increase.

Hope this helps.

Offline aruna1Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • I'm an Ordinary guy
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 08:40:43 PM »
I know English isn't your first language so figuring out what you mean took a minute of thought. So, to help out anyone else reading this here is what I think you mean. Please do not take offense as your English is fair Superior to my any other language.

can I winch them and use to drive my robot?
A winch does not have 'stops' so it can continuously rotate.
Most hobby servos can be modified for continuously rotation. However, some are easier to do than others. Hopefully some one has experience with the servos you linked to.
Futaba should have the specs for those servos on their web site listing the torque and speed (how long it takes to move 90°).

warm and warm wheel mechanism
This is a Worm and Worm gear drive.
This is a viable method to get a speed (RPM) reduction and torque increase.

Hope this helps.

thank you waltr for the help.My English is pretty poor.I'm from Sri Lanka
I'm Me

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 09:20:15 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the translation - I thought aruna1 was planning to burn rubber to get better traction  ;D

Worm drives (hot or cold) is a very good way to get a large gear reduction without taking up too much space (and axles), as long as it's OK that it's a one way/locking drive (actually an added bonus in many applications).
Non locking (or two-way) worm drives can be found, but have less reduction for a given overall size.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here

data_list