Electronics > Electronics

PCB, THC and SMD's?

(1/2) > >>

sotu:
My school is having a job week, all of the students have to find a job for one week. I got a job at a place called "Bergen Plastics". They work on making customed Plastics material, they also make electronics...On they're page they say they develope electronics like PCB's, THC'S and SMD'S, i've tried searching google for it but i cant seem to find what exactly it is and what it can be used for. So i wondered if any of theese electronic components can be used for Robotic projects like controlling servos and so on. If this is the case this company might be my new electronics dealer..:D

Edit: I just searched the page for PCB and found out it means Printed Circuit Board, and i think i know what that is; A eks green board with holes in it where you can add components, with different leads between different holes.

But is finished-made PCB's good for robotic use?

But still guys, correct me on my PCB knowledge and i still want to know the meaning of THC and SMD.

jsmoker:
well, PCB is Printed circuit board...so yes, SMD is Surface Mounted Devices, also yes, um...THC...I only know that as the special chemical found in marijuana (I'm sure...um...pretty sure that's not what they're refering to), so that one is up to you.

zamboniman60:
PCB = Printed circuit board
THC = tetrahydrocannabinol
SMD = Surface Mount Devices

Yes, you can use their printed circuit boards in robotics, but you've got to get them to make them specially for you.

snow:
SMD resistor: http://www.arcol.co.uk/images/product-range/thin-film/smd.jpg
Normal resistor: http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/images/resistors.jpg

Does the same thing, SMD is smaller and you dont need to drill holes, because you 'mount this device on the surface' :)

maverick monk:
yup, you could use smd's in robotics, especialy in mini/micro aplications were space is limited,maby you should take the layout for the 50$ robot circut board, and get that printed as a pcb, lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version