go away spammer

Author Topic: lifter arm poblems  (Read 1790 times)

Offline crazyfillsTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
lifter arm poblems
« on: September 17, 2010, 01:26:00 AM »
hi im very new to this form im looking for help with a making an antweight the problem is that I want to use the complete micro drive kit from robot marketplace however with the top being aliminium i cant see a way of being able to fit a lifting arm and would a use a servo or a motor to power it?  ???
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:00:13 PM by crazyfills »

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: lifter arm poblems
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 02:00:59 PM »
hi here is a picture of a model of the robot
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:25:00 PM by crazyfills »

Offline Metal Slug 2

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 02:50:16 PM »
hi im very new to this form im looking for help with a making an antweight the problem is that I want to use the complete micro drive kit from robot marketplace however with the top being aliminium i cant see a way of being able to fit a lifting arm and would a use a servo or a motor to power it?  ???
I'm assuming you mean this antweight kit?

Aluminum is a very easy metal to work with.  For your project, just drill some holes in the side/front of your robot, and mount the arm to the side/front of the chassis.

Although that chassis is not a very good one IMO.  I haven't used it, so I cant be for sure...but just based off visual inspection I can see its design is not the best.  The position of the motors actually will make turning quite inefficient.  And the flat ABS lid will a. make for an easy target (a sloped sheild would allow top-hitting weapons to slide a little, doing less damage), and b. not provide very much protection for the electronics within.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »
thanks for your advice  ;D that was the exact kit, although I was also worried about the flat top would you recommend another kit?

Offline Metal Slug 2

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 08:00:42 PM »
Personally, I always try to build things myself if I can.  If you have the tools available, try designing and building a custom robot...that way your robot will be original and different.  You can get most of the building materials needed for such a project at your local hardware store.  Some materials to work with would be L-shaped aluminum/steel bars, aluminum or steel sheet metal, acrylic/polycarbonate sheeting, HDPE (high density polyethylene), wood etc.  If you don't own the tools, see if your local hardware store can provide a workshop for you.  I know the Rona near me can rent out their workshop for $15/hr.

good luck!

Get Your Ad Here