Author Topic: Cell Phone to wireless webcam?  (Read 19888 times)

Offline OscillationTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Cell Phone to wireless webcam?
« on: June 27, 2008, 10:13:19 AM »
I'm intrested in putting a wireless webcam on my robot but i'm wondering if its possible to use an old k700i mobile and some how make that the wireless cam? Is this possible because i would like to wire the screen to my rc controller and see the webcam from that.

So basically, i would like to know if i can take the old cam of a mobile and the screen of it and make them communicate with each other wirelessly.

Thanks,
Steve

EDIT: The cell phone has bluetooth and i have a bluetooth dongle can they be used?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 10:32:21 AM by Oscillation »
"Perfection At It's Best"

Offline Steve Joblin

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
    • Roebotz
Re: Cell Phone to wireless webcam?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »

Offline jimm1909

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 02:28:35 PM »
check out http://www.warelex.com/products/webcam/index.php

Just wanted to say thanks for this resource.  I've been searching for this information for a while so I am glad I finally found this posting.

thanks again,

-jim
Jim Mason - International Long Distance Call Operator and Robot Enthusiast

Offline VicDelmonte

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 03:48:59 PM »
I'm intrested in putting a wireless webcam on my robot but i'm wondering if its possible to use an old k700i mobile and some how make that the wireless cam? Is this possible because i would like to wire the screen to my rc controller and see the webcam from that.

So basically, i would like to know if i can take the old cam of a mobile and the screen of it and make them communicate with each other wirelessly.

Thanks,
Steve

EDIT: The cell phone has bluetooth and i have a bluetooth dongle can they be used?

Seems like it's possible you would have bandwidth problems?
Cheers,
Vic

Offline jackmiller

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »
I'm intrested in putting a wireless webcam on my robot but i'm wondering if its possible to use an old k700i mobile phone service and some how make that the wireless cam? Is this possible because i would like to wire the screen to my rc controller and see the webcam from that.

Thanks,
Steve

You should get voip. its so cheap and it works great. You can do internet video and calls. You can also get it on cell phones. Here are some phone service provider reviews. I got Accuconference last year and it works great. If you have vidoe on your phone you can use the camera. Hope that helps...

Offline jackmiller

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
I'm intrested in putting a wireless webcam or telephone on my robot but i'm wondering if its possible to use an old k700i mobile IP PBX or some Telephone Equipment to make that the wireless cam be able to make phone calls? Is this possible because i would like to wire the screen to my rc controller and see the webcam from that.

Thanks,
Steve

I am not sure how you would get a robot to use telephone webcams, but I went to conferencecall.com to use their free service. They also added toll free calling. You can get a free trial for 30 days on both options. It's definitely really cool, but I am not sure its worth the money on a monthly charge.

Offline Mishell1979

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 01:10:25 PM »
I'm intrested in putting a wireless webcam on my robot but i'm wondering if its possible to use an old k700i mobile www.voippricing.com"]VoIP service[/url] and some how make that the wireless cam? Is this possible because i would like to wire the screen to my rc controller and see the webcam from that.

Thanks,
Steve

You

You should get voip. its so cheap and it works great. You can do internet video and calls. You can also get it on cell phones. Here are some www.voippricing.com/business.php"]Business VoIP[/url] reviews. I got Residential VoIP last year and it works great. If you have vidoe on your phone you can use the camera. Hope that helps...

Not sure how this got so off topic. You should try a new thread. Look at these sites out If you are looking for VoIP Pricing and VoIP Providers

Get Your Ad Here