Author Topic: A Reading Robotics Course  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Joesavage1Topic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
    • Dev-HQ - Learn C++, Visual Basic, HTML and More!
A Reading Robotics Course
« on: February 15, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »
Hi, First Of All, Is this for Mechanical Enginering: http://www.reading.ac.uk/sse/ug/cyber/cyber-ugmengrobotics.asp   ?

And Second; i dont get the whole thing with courses; do you have like sessions every day or something? how long would these sessions laast? If you can take more than one course how many do you think i should take max?

Thanks and sorry for not knowing what im sure to some of you is blindly obvious.

Joe

Offline chelmi

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
    • Current projects
Re: A Reading Robotics Course
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 02:05:23 PM »
Hi, First Of All, Is this for Mechanical Enginering: http://www.reading.ac.uk/sse/ug/cyber/cyber-ugmengrobotics.asp   ?

And Second; i dont get the whole thing with courses; do you have like sessions every day or something? how long would these sessions laast? If you can take more than one course how many do you think i should take max?

Thanks and sorry for not knowing what im sure to some of you is blindly obvious.

Joe

Heuuuu

I'm not familiar with British education system, but this is an undergraduate program. I understand that you are 12, so unless you are gifted you are at least 5 years ahead ;)

1. This is not a mechanical engineering program.

2. Each module last for a term (~12 weeks), with several hours every week (lectures, practicals, ...). If you click on the module name you will see the exact program. Some modules are mandatory, some are optional. You usually take 2 modules/term for the first two years. The last two years are more flexible (projects, research, ...)

This is a 4 years program.

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 01:38:07 AM »
ok, thanks, but if its not for M.E (mechanical Engineering) Whats it for? as i wanna know how much money this Job earns... (i heard M.E's quite a bit)

Also, how many courses would you reccommend i take?

Thanks

Joe

Offline chelmi

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
    • Current projects
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »
ok, thanks, but if its not for M.E (mechanical Engineering) Whats it for? as i wanna know how much money this Job earns... (i heard M.E's quite a bit)

Also, how many courses would you reccommend i take?

Robotics ? (the list of module is pretty explicit)
Now regarding money, I have now idea. Contact the school, some have statistics about average salary of their former students...
Reg. how many courses: there is no easy answer. It depends on the courses you take since the amount of weekly lectures... varies from on course to another. Anyway, you should not worry about that, programs evolve and it will probably be different in a few years.

What is exactly your point here?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:12:47 AM by chelmi »

Offline want2learn

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 4
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 03:01:44 PM »
This question probably arose from some advice i gave you Joe.

In the British education system you have to choose your subjects for your  final two years before moving on to higher education. The subjects you choose at age 13(ish) tend to set the course of your eduction from there on.

Joe was looking for advice on robotics courses/jobs and i pointed him towards Reading, as far as I know they offer the best courses in the UK in this field. By choosing a course for his degree (to whatever level suits him) he can backtrack from there via entry requirements to his present educational needs, laying out a path he can then follow.

JOE: Perhaps you should look at the general entry requirements for most of the courses they offer e.g. English, Maths, Physics.

As far as i know in the UK programmers earn more than mechanical or electronic engineers, don't take my word on it though
The question that drives me hazy:

Am I, or the others crazy?

Offline dellagd

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • Come to the dark side... We have cookies!
    • Exodus Rocketry
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 03:24:27 PM »
does anyone know any courses on robotics or good robotics clubs in Philly, PA?
I am really eager to learn more on this subject.
remember, I am only a adolescent :D
I do have pretty good knowledge of c++ and yes I am willing to go to NJ (by me I mean my mom  ;) )
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 03:25:28 PM by dellagd »
Innovation is a product of Failure, which leads to Success.

If I helped, +1 helpful pls

I Won!
3rd place! I'm taking $100

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 06:43:18 AM »
does anyone know any courses on robotics or good robotics clubs in Philly, PA?
I am really eager to learn more on this subject.
remember, I am only a adolescent :D
I do have pretty good knowledge of c++ and yes I am willing to go to NJ (by me I mean my mom  ;) )

Hey! Dont Hyjack!

This question probably arose from some advice i gave you Joe.

In the British education system you have to choose your subjects for your  final two years before moving on to higher education. The subjects you choose at age 13(ish) tend to set the course of your eduction from there on.

Joe was looking for advice on robotics courses/jobs and i pointed him towards Reading, as far as I know they offer the best courses in the UK in this field. By choosing a course for his degree (to whatever level suits him) he can backtrack from there via entry requirements to his present educational needs, laying out a path he can then follow.

JOE: Perhaps you should look at the general entry requirements for most of the courses they offer e.g. English, Maths, Physics.

As far as i know in the UK programmers earn more than mechanical or electronic engineers, don't take my word on it though

It did come from your bit of advice, i just heard Admin also say somewhere that he was an M.E (which covers robotics) and he got paid quite alot...

BTW: turns out these things that we do for homework (called Formally Assessed Tasks) that no one thought acctuly mattered acctuly see if u get into physics!! So, now im trying super hard on em!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:24:35 AM by Joesavage1 »

Get Your Ad Here