Author Topic: weird stuff...  (Read 1976 times)

Offline VeparTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
weird stuff...
« on: December 22, 2009, 03:15:42 PM »
ok, so i was playing starcraft a bit and it got me thinking. now, since im not a genius of any kind i was hoping some of you would know since im pretty sure most, if not all of you know what starcraft is...

my curiosity was: is it possible to create the zealot unit "blade" weapon... you know, the psionic laser beam or w/e coming out of the devices on their hands...

now, i know the principle of science is "nothing is impossible until proven as such"; and i have been looking on google but i simply wasnt able to find anything... so this was the first place i came to think of to ask such a question...

so, is it possible? any thoughts? if it is possible, any general idea on how to make it?

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
Re: weird stuff...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 03:44:58 PM »
If it was that easy people would be running around with lightsabers  :D

You could just turn up a butane or propane torch up really high.

Offline VeparTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 04:05:38 PM »
well, i didnt think it would or could be even remotely simple to make it :P i was just wonder if it is possible or if it isnt :P and of course, if someone had like a general idea on how it could/would work that'd be awesome too :P

Offline little-c

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 1
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 04:31:03 PM »
magnetic fields to hold plasma in place.

ion beam laser cutter on steriods.

two of the top of my head.

of course thats with the robotic gigasized tank with assosiated nucler reactors and massive machinery...

hand helds need a bit of minaturising. more like piccosizing, itterated a few times...

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 05:27:14 PM »
A railgun isn't too complicated... And, they're relatively easy to build a small one.
Howdy

Get Your Ad Here