Author Topic: Describing koordinates of small object from distance  (Read 2379 times)

Offline tamasTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Describing koordinates of small object from distance
« on: January 12, 2009, 07:53:55 AM »
HI GUYS !
I'M NEW HERE ON THE BLOG BUT INTERESTED IN ROBOTICS BUT I'M NOT SKILLED AT ALL .I'M HUNGARIAN , SO PLS FORGIVE THE ERRERS OF MY ENGLISH. I HAVE A PROBLEM I NEED TO SOLVE SOMEHOW :
- THERE IS A NOT MOVING SPACE : 600CM LONG 100CM X 60CM DEEP LIKE A BRICK ABOVE THE SURFACE
- IN THIS SPACE I HAVE APPROX. 60 PLASTIC OR METAL STICKS OR BALLS /1 CM /
- I NEED TO RECOGNIZE THEM SOMEHOW AND PICK THEM BY ANY ROBOT ARM
- ALL OF THIS PROCEDURE MUST BE DONE IN DIFFERENT ENVIROMENTS
- I ALSO COULD MAKE A FRAME FOR THE SENSORS AND ARMS ABOVE THIS SPACE TO MAKE THE WHOLE PROJECT EASIER

MY QUESTIONS ARE :
- WHAT IS THE BEST RECOGNITION DEVICE TO TRACK EITHER METAL OR PLASTIC STICKS OR BALLS IN 3D IN DIFFERENT ENVIROMENTAL SETS / E.G. DARKNESS , OR IF A BALL COVERED FROM ONE ANGLE /
-HOW SHOULD I DESCRIBE THE EGZAKT POSITION OF THE RECOGNIZED ITEMS IN ORDER TO PICK THEM BY THE ARMS /ESPECIALLY TO GIVE THE COORDINATES OF THE SMALL BALLS/STICKS FOR THE GRIPPER HAND /
- WHAT IS THE BEST SENSOR SET FOR THE ARMS TO FIND AND GRIP THE STICKS/BALLS ONE BY ONE

I'M REALLY DESPERATE FOR ANY SOLUTIONS PRIMARY TECHNICALLY, THE MATHEMATICAN TRANSLATION IS NOT IN MY WIEV AT THE MOMENT.
IN CASE ANY ONE OF YOU COULD HELP ME WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
EXCUSE ME FOR MY ENGLISH, IS ANYTHING IS NOT CLEAR, PLS WRITE ME.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP       TAMAS

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Describing koordinates of small object from distance
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 09:00:14 PM »
The best solution is a video camera.

Get a webcam and hook it up to RoboRealm.

Offline tamasTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 03:11:10 AM »
Thank you Admin , I found roborealm as well.Interesting and useful for me, i think.Since I made balls red and with the softver eleminate every other color than red after a few other things, i have a quite clear COG and koordinates for the arm.I would like to have four arms cheap enough with payload approx.80 gramms and gripper small but strong enough to hold 80 gramms and the camera  as well , but i do not know which would be the best.I look up the internet but i'm a bit confused what arm shall i use to have synchronization with roborealm ?
Please give some advice if you can.
Thank's a lot  Tamas

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 06:33:32 AM »
Well, there is no robot arm designed to work with RoboRealm.

That being said, my Axon microcontroller can control four robot arms of your choice simultaneously. And RoboRealm should be Axon compatible in the next few weeks.

Get Your Ad Here