Author Topic: A plea for assistance!  (Read 1341 times)

Offline BoogityTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
A plea for assistance!
« on: May 18, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
Hello everyone.  I'm a retired mechanical engineer who has had a stroke and I'm having difficulty finishing an old electronics project.

Since retirement I have become a hobby farmer in rural Indiana.  My project is an automated chicken coop door but I can't think clearly enough to finish.  I have the mechanics for the door 100% finished and I am currently using an old electronic controller that I designed and built several years ago.  It works fine but I want to kick my design up a few notches and use an Arduino UNO with a motor controller shield and a realtime clock.  I have all of these components and I have developed several sketches to operate the motor.

My problem is that since a stroke put me out of commission a year ago I cannot think clearly enough to complete my sketches any more.  I would hate to have to toss all of my equipment in the dumpster since I'm so far along and near completion (I think).

Do any of you know how I could get assistance with my project?  My needs are very simple and I'm sure there are many folks out there who could solve my issues with ease.  Is there anyone who could lead me to the help I need?

Thanks.

Offline jlizotte

• Helpful? 3
Re: A plea for assistance!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »
I use an Arduino Mega in my wheelchair robot. I'd be more than willing to help via email....but I'll have to know more about what you've done, what you want to do (specifically) and where you're having issues. If you message me here, I'll reply with my email. I'm in North Central Ohio.

John

Offline idee17

• Helpful? 1
Re: A plea for assistance!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 08:12:10 AM »
I have a UNO and could help finish some sketchs, just message me here.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.