Author Topic: Where do you get your ideas from?  (Read 2140 times)

Offline walkercreationsTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
    • walkercreations
Where do you get your ideas from?
« on: October 09, 2009, 07:12:53 PM »
In the past couple of days while working on my own $50 Robot I have been reading some of the other Robot Tutorials. Where do you all get your ideas for new robot projects. I really like the Bull Dozer bot and the ERP Robot and a few others. Does the inspiration and motivation to build new robots ever go away?
Peter Walker
Fruitland, MD USA

Offline galannthegreat

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • Blue-Lensed Blue LEDs?! What?! Impossible!!
Re: Where do you get your ideas from?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 07:20:25 PM »
I find when I look all of my parts storage systems I get ideas on how something should look, the straight lines, simplistic, and yet complex looking. I like seeing semi-opaque containers with the faint outlines of wires and circuit boards myself, it just looks interesting, and the effects you can do with it with LEDs and other lights is really quite cool.

Does the inspiration and motivation to build new robots ever go away?

That's a very good question. It depends who you ask, some yes, but some it just doesn't seem to end. ;D

I find that I get very distracted and look at other projects and stray away from half built things to move onto things that catch my interest (not very hard as I have a multi-track mind).
Kurt

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »
Does the inspiration and motivation to build new robots ever go away?

No , not for me yet.;D

Well i get my inspiration from every thing, things i do that would be cool to build a robot for, thing that i have read that i want to incororate in to my robot. Alot of the time all it is is your doing something an a new idea pops into your head, you store that idea in your head untill you get a chance to write it down and then you dovelope that idea, if my ideas are plausable then i will go ahead and plan them in detail and build then, then go through the long proccess of coding and debugging your design.

so in short, if you like to build robots you will never run out of ideas, it may take abit eg, you get to understand about sensors and materials that go into making a robot but after you expand your knowlage and skills , ideas will come to you all the time. ;D

Offline walkercreationsTopic starter

• Helpful? 1
    • walkercreations
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 07:39:40 PM »
At this point my motivation to get into robotics was to see if I could do it. To not go into a long story, but after being the victim of a traumatic childhood as well as suffering from PTSD as a Gulf War veteran I am only now at 44 learning to be a child and do fun stuff like this. My elementary and high school education suffered from what I had been through and my PTSD makes me want to isolate myself from people, so stuff like this is what I find great joy in. I like the challenge of trying to teach myself things like this. Albeit sometimes I just don't get things and give up. But I eventually do come back to things if they really spurn an interest in me. When I do things like this people notice a great difference in my personality so it encrouages me to continue.

Anyway, thanks for all of the responses. I look forward to hearing more from other builders as well.
Peter Walker
Fruitland, MD USA

Offline galannthegreat

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • Blue-Lensed Blue LEDs?! What?! Impossible!!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 07:44:52 PM »
Man, it's a good feeling, eh? Having joy in what you do and what you create. In fact that's a good source of inspiration, if you feel joy in doing this ideas will just come to you, either finding someones and changing it or just looking at everyday life.

P.S. It's never to late to enjoy a hobby or to be a kid! :)
Kurt

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 04:49:53 AM »
Today when i was playing golf i had an idea for a robot, that is wht i mean about it never ending and even when you are not even thinking about it something will pop into your head.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list