Author Topic: Arduino Graph Program  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Joker94Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
Arduino Graph Program
« on: April 08, 2010, 07:11:14 AM »
Hi everyone

I stumbled across something a couple of months ago where sensor data received through serial communications was graphed into a line graph.

Does any one know where to get this application as with my current work it would be extremely helpful. I haven't found it during my googleing sessions.

Thanks for your time

Joker94

Offline corrado33

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
Re: Arduino Graph Program
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 09:17:47 AM »
EDIT:  OH you meant the application for the computer... yeah ummm... What about somehow using hyperterminal?  In the axon bluetooth tutorial on youtube you can see the data streaming through it.  From there it shouldn't be that hard to get it on a graph. 

Please disregard the rest as I thought the question was slightly different. 

I'm apologize for my ignorance Joker, but couldn't you simply store the sensor and time data in an array, then use these (x,y) points to make a graph however you wanted?  Since I'm mostly a newbie I don't know how to get data from a MCU to a computer or any other screen, but I know there is a way with or even with cables (serial, usb).  Honestly, you could even get the equation for a regression line (if the data was in fact a line) on the MCU.  The equations aren't extremely difficult for a computer, (for humans they take forever because you have to do a decently long equation for EVERY point). 

I guess what I'm asking is... what are you really asking?  You have the data, the hard part is getting the data TO something that can actually graph it.  Maybe you could use a little display connected to the MCU itself?   
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:21:47 AM by corrado33 »

Offline Joker94Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:37:15 AM »
thanks for your reply, i'll have a look in to it

sorry about the late response ;)

Offline dunk

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
    • dunk's robot
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 06:23:43 AM »
just output your data in CSV format. (separate columns with the \t character and new lines with \n.)
save the data as filename.csv.
then just open in any spreadsheet.

there's some data i was working on a while back here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlITaBTOBok1dFhYOTBlbUprbmhITloxbzJWTnJad0E&hl=en
the first page is the raw data.
the second page is the graph.

that was using Google docs but obviously a proper spreadsheet will give you even better formatting options.

dunk.

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:41:09 AM »
Its called Processing

Arduino IDE was based on Processing so they are remarkably similar

Get Your Ad Here

data_list