go away spammer

Author Topic: Robotic Arm Software  (Read 6984 times)

Offline hazzer123Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
Robotic Arm Software
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:16:20 AM »
I am thinking about developing software for a robot arm that i am creating.

Currently i have a 2DOF prototype, and i have written software that can move the end effector to a co-ordinate in 2D space.

Now i need to develop the software, i would like some ideas on current software and what it looks like/does. Are they graphical programs where you manipulate the arm virtually and then it acts it out in real life later.

Or do you type in a bunch of numbers and it follows the specified paths.

I watched the video on the robot arm tutorial at SoR and wondered how you got the arm to so precisely pick up the dominoes and put them down. What software was that?

Thanks
Imperial College Robotics Society
www.icrobotics.co.uk

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Robotic Arm Software
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 02:39:14 PM »
All your software ideas exist and are used on today's robots.

I watched the video on the robot arm tutorial at SoR and wondered how you got the arm to so precisely pick up the dominoes and put them down. What software was that?
really bad software . . . what we did is by pushing buttons we moved the robot arm around until it was exactly where we wanted it, then we used the software to record that location. after recording several positions, we told it in code how to move between the positions (go fast, take a straight line, etc.)

Offline hazzer123Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 03:37:42 PM »
Is there any robotic arm freeware on the internet that you guys can recommend?
Or even any software that costs?

I cant seem to find much on google.... I dno why

thanks
Imperial College Robotics Society
www.icrobotics.co.uk

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 04:41:06 PM »
i think most of the software out there is arm specific - meaning you get software when you buy the arm. the software only works for that arm :-\

i had no google luck either :(

ive been contemplating writing my own forward kinematics software so others can download it free from SoR . . . it will also calculate joint torques and speed hopefully . . .

Offline aaqilkhan

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
    • My Robotic videos on youtube.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:28:48 AM »
Hi.
I know exactly what you're looking for. I deisgned and built a robotic arm and currently working on a 4WD robotic ROV with the robot arm mounted on it. I developed my own software in VB for remote controlling. Its a graphical simulation environment to operate the robot as well as the arm.

I've posted some videos (of the arm and the software in action) on youtube. I will be adding more videos of my completed robot once its completed. Hopefully in June 2007.
www.youtube.com/aaqilkhan

Cheers,
Aaqil Khan
Toronto, Canada
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 11:32:25 AM by aaqilkhan »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list