Author Topic: ATMega 64A makefile  (Read 1889 times)

Offline GWER57Topic starter

• Helpful? 2
ATMega 64A makefile
« on: February 26, 2010, 10:40:30 AM »
Hi, I was looking for a makefile to use on an ATMega 64A, I downloaded the axon(original) makefile and was wondiring if i could just change:

MCU = atmega640

to:

MCU = atmega64A

Also, is there anything else i should change? I noticed that the makefile was almost identical to the makefile for the iRobot Create, with a few setting changes, so i assume that i can't mess much up  by changing a few things (not the fuses though). But until i hear for sure i'll put everything on hold.

And lastly, what would i have to mod to be able to apply the SoR uart / i2c / any comm protocol to be able to use it on the 64A?

Thank you very much in advance!
GTW

• Helpful? 2
Re: ATMega 64A makefile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 12:45:46 PM »
I just realized that there is a default makefile that pretty much everything is derived from.
So my only remaining question is if it will harm anything by playing with the various optimization level?
GTW

Offline chelmi

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
    • Current projects
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »
I just realized that there is a default makefile that pretty much everything is derived from.
So my only remaining question is if it will harm anything by playing with the various optimization level?

Short answer: no.
Long answer: optimization should not modify the semantic (~ behavior) of your program. Except some cases
like delays implemented with busy loops. In these cases there are solutions to prevent the optimizer from
removing the empty loop.

Why do you want to play with optimization?

Chelmi.

• Helpful? 2
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »
I was just curious if changing some of the parameters of the makefile would brick my mcu or not.
GTW

Offline chelmi

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
    • Current projects
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:44:27 PM »
If the makefile modifies fuses, you might brick it. Optimization parameters (-O) are safe :)

• Helpful? 2
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 02:05:12 PM »
Cool, thanks.

Yeah i wasn't interested in changing the optimization level but that was the most convenient example i could find of what i meant.
GTW

data_list