Author Topic: Admin's Robot Fish  (Read 4843 times)

Offline garriwilsonTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
Admin's Robot Fish
« on: February 24, 2008, 10:20:16 PM »
Hey Admin, are you allowed to make a video of your robot fish? Or is it one of those top secret things? Cough coverup.  ;D

I'm dying to see it. Kinda cool... a fish.. with electronics in water... wonder what the government could use it for.

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
Re: Admin's Robot Fish
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 02:26:58 PM »
wonder what the government could use it for.
Slow days at the fishing pond :P

but seriously. It could be used for bomb "sniffing", surveillance, exploration, bomb placing even if it was outfitted correctly.
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

paulstreats

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 06:38:21 PM »
or maybe to get real fishes on their sides and create a giant fishy army to take over the oceans and eat everyone who goes near the water.

What if it gets caught in a net and sent to a tuna factory - someone could break a filling on their tune mayo baguette ;D

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 06:47:28 PM »
or maybe to get real fishes on their sides and create a giant fishy army to take over the oceans and eat everyone who goes near the water.
Well yeah but I figured that was so obvious it wasnt worth saying. Geez. Noob! :P JK :)
Infantry

paulstreats

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 06:54:18 PM »
but seriously. It could be used for bomb "sniffing", surveillance, exploration, bomb placing even if it was outfitted correctly.

Or just as a BOMB. bomb bomb bomb  :D  ;D  :D  ;D  :D  ;D

Offline HDL_CinC_Dragon

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 07:51:34 PM »
lol I actually didnt think of that because I didnt want to think of the poor little guy getting blown up himself hahaha
Infantry

Offline ScorpIon

• Helpful? 0
  • Nobody said it was gonna be easy.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 07:18:12 AM »
It could deliver an explosive charge to stick onto enemy ships. If the robot looks like a real fish, then there's not really a way to defend yourself unless you have a large army of fishermen aboard 8)

Offline TrickyNekro

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 15
  • Hardware and Firmware Designer
    • The Hellinic Robots Portal
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 07:50:35 AM »
Well obviously a spy bot... none would like to get a bomb that small, and slow (probably can be detected by subs' sonar)
For whom the interrupts toll...

Offline ScorpIon

• Helpful? 0
  • Nobody said it was gonna be easy.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 08:28:57 AM »
Don't underestimate the bombfish! Just because an ant is small, doesn't mean it's not dangerous in numbers. You could have schools of many small robot fishes that plant thousands of bomb charges on a ship/sub. They could act like piranhas too, with razor saws...

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »
maybe to get real fishes on their sides and create a giant fishy army to take over the oceans and eat everyone who goes near the water.
you guys have no sense of focus . . . but yea, thats what its going to do . . .

Actually, its a basic science robot. Before you build an army of robot fish, you need to figure out the basic science behind it to understand how/why it works. And to learn what doesn't work.

As for images, you can find CAD images of it in the second paper I published.

Its not top secret, but I won't publish any videos on it till have I leave the job. I have a list of reasons I'm too lazy to go into . . .

And I guess you guys want an update on the robot fish . . . well, I finished constructing it yesterday actually. The electronics hasn't been waterproofed yet, nor all integrated, but all have been built and tested successfully. All the software has been finished too.

I just gave it to my coworker (controls guy) this morning so that he can program the fin control algorithms into it. After he finishes that, and we are happy with it, I'll waterproof it and throw it into my giant water tank. Probably won't have video of it in action till this summer . . .

Get Your Ad Here

data_list