Author Topic: Arlt Robotics Rover/ Actobotics  (Read 4352 times)

Offline ServoCityTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 18
Arlt Robotics Rover/ Actobotics
« on: November 22, 2013, 01:40:27 PM »
Here is a post made by Arlt Robotics Rover Structure
"Our new versions of our 6-wheel, 4-wheel and 3-wheel rover models. These are all interchangeable and upgradeable. The 6-wheel model can be easily converted to both a 4 and 3-wheeler with minor optional parts and vice- versa. Our articulating chassis on the 6-wheel model is one of a kind, and greatly increases the navigation potential over other rover systems. Our systems are powered by individual motors on each drive wheel. Manufactured with aerospace quality aluminum components. Students and researchers love working with these systems."

This awesome rover structure was built by John Arlt.  We had the privilege of testing it out and playing with it for a few days...and we had fun!   The structure is built out of Actobotics™ components found at ServoCity (www.servocity.com).  John's students will be re-creating a replica rover in the classroom this semester - so cool! Thanks John!

https://vimeo.com/78608325
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:41:59 PM by ServoCity »

Offline jwatte

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 82
Re: Arlt Robotics Rover/ Actobotics
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:36:49 PM »
Are those sprung/suspended wheels on A-frames, or fixed wheels?
Are those direct driving motors or un-motored?
Is there Ackerman steering?
The pictures (even when clicking) are too low resolution to really see well. Are there higher-resolution pictures somewhere?

(I found a video on Vimeo that seems to answer these questions:
- Fixed frame wheels
- Direct driven wheels
- Fixed/Tank steering)

This makes it a little less interesting to me, as drilling holes in aluminum profile isn't that hard. Having built some myself, making sprung/suspended wheels with direct drive and real steering is quite a challenge!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:41:01 PM by jwatte »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list