go away spammer

Author Topic: Arduino problem  (Read 4085 times)

Offline vipulan12Topic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Arduino problem
« on: May 28, 2013, 05:19:34 PM »
does any one have a solution to this error?

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30

i have done research to solving this but i have found no working solution
the arduino UNO and wire does work since it does occasionally work when i reinstall the driver for the arduino
all the setting should be working as well

but i need a better solution
Please help thanks

Offline idee17

• Helpful? 1
Re: Arduino problem
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 08:05:16 AM »
There are a few primary causes to this error: Wrong COM port selected (Tools ---> Serial Port), The drivers are not installed properly, or The wrong board is selected (Tools ---> Board ---> Arduino Uno).

What OS are you running?

If the the IDE works occasionally I would expect it to be a driver issue, try this video:
Install the Arduino Uno under Windows 8 (if your running windows 8)
(Disclaimer: Not My video)

I'm assuming you've done something like this?:

If you don't see an Arduino device listed under Ports; then you are probably seeing an "Unknown Device". Check to make sure that "Unknown Device" is indeed, the Arduino by plugging and unplugging the board from the computer. "Unknown Device" should appear and reappear. Assuming this is the case, you will need to install the drivers manually for your Arduino. Windows XP, Vista and 7 users may continue with the guide; if you are a Windows8 user, then please make reference to the youtube link above.

Right click on that "Unknown Device" and select "Properties". Click on the "Driver" Tab (Picture 2; Note: In my Picture 2, I already have the driver set, hence why my window reads "Arduino UNO R3 (COM4) Properties", when yours will probably read "Unknown Device Properties").

Select to "Update Driver..." and then choose to select the folder containing the driver on your computer. Conveniently, you already have the drivers for the Arduino on your computer when you installed the Arduino IDE. Navigate to within the Arduino files (where your .exe is; it'll probably be in your Downloads if you didn't move it. In the third picture, you can see my pathway to the drivers folder) to the "drivers" folder and choose the folder. The computer should automatically choose to install one of the drivers within the folder you selected. Simply proceed with the installation and that should fix the problem.

(Disclaimer: Not My instructions)
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »
yes, i did all that when the arduino is connected it shows up as arduino UNO R3 (COM 3)
the settings are correct  oh and i am using windows 7

Offline idee17

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 01:40:51 PM »
Your using just an Arduino, right? Not using SoftwareSerial or anything like that? 
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »
yes an arduino UNO and i am using the USB wire got it in a kit

Offline idee17

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 10:57:37 PM »

Do you get a green light when the board is plugged in?

Do the Tx and Rx Leds blink when trying to upload a sketch?

The chip is it inserted correctly?

Try pressing the reset pin, at different times before and after uploading.

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 11:48:18 AM »
i fixed the problem by changing the the COM port

before it was COM 3 but i changed it to COM 7, i dont know why it made a difference seeing how COM 3 wasnt used for anything just like COM 7 but i got it to work and can now download programs to the arduino

thanks for the help

Offline idee17

• Helpful? 1
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »
Glad you got it working.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list