go away spammer

Author Topic: Serial Communication With Roborealm Questions  (Read 2382 times)

Offline yeohTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Serial Communication With Roborealm Questions
« on: September 27, 2011, 07:57:15 AM »
Hello, I have several questions about Roborealm and Serial Communication.The microcontroller I'm using is Atmega8

1. How do we use the Serial function in the roborealm? For example how do we choose 'left_servo' to move and 'right_servo' don't move to make a right turn ONLY when it detects something like a ball. In the Serial function, I don't get to choose which variable to control, it only has weird sequence that I can send like IMAGE_COUNT and other things I don't understand.is it possible to choose a variable like  'left_servo' to control? if possible, how? (The variable'left_servo' is installed in the microcontroller)

2. Is it possible to have an 'if-statement' in the serial function? For example, do this only IF you see something.

3. Is it possible to let it keep on sending info until I tells it to stop?

Basically all I want to do is that is to use roborealm to process image and according to the processed image(like detecting something) do something. And also how exactly do we use the serial function to control the servos on the robot turning. It does not have the variables that I had installed on the microcontroller, so I can't control what to do.

Also, off topic but http://www.societyofrobots.com says to give credit if it helped me. It did help me learn things about robot.

Get Your Ad Here