go away spammer

Author Topic: two 900Mhz 40Ch Radio Modem - RS-422  (Read 2617 times)

Offline HDL_CinC_DragonTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
two 900Mhz 40Ch Radio Modem - RS-422
« on: January 18, 2009, 10:37:20 AM »
So I have two RS-422 900Mhz 40 channel Radio Modems that my old High School Robotics team gave me like 4 years ago from the FIRST Organization robotics competitions.

My question is can I hook one of these up to my Serial port on my computer and configure the port to handle RS-422 instead of RS-232? Or do I need some special hardware for these guys? This 2 page .pdf is the closest thing I can find to these devices. The .pdf and product are by the same company that designed and manufactured it.
http://www.electrowave.com/downloads/Documents/stamper_datasheet.pdf
The 2 devices I have look almost exactly like the one on the left but does not have the seperate power plug on the side and has a different name(it has "Innovation First" written where the document shows "Ewave Stamper") probably just because of the FIRST organization. Im not sure if the function is different or anything... any comments or advice?

If I have to build a translator im perfectly fine with that. I have like five ATMega8s all fighting to be the next project
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:43:35 AM by HDL_CinC_Dragon »
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

Offline HDL_CinC_DragonTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
Re: two 900Mhz 40Ch Radio Modem - RS-422
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 08:57:47 PM »
Bump. Anyone know anything at all about it?

I think im going to make this circuit. It seems to be sound. Any thoughts on this either?
United States Marine Corps
Infantry
Returns to society: 2014JAN11

Get Your Ad Here