General Misc > Misc

new SoR Robotics Calculators Android app

<< < (2/3) > >>

Admin:
arg, ok I spent a few more hours pulling hair out . . . I got some new files for you to try.

Start with the file 403, then 32, then 21. Let me know if all work for you, or just some, or none.

Cristi_Neagu:
Ok, I got 21 installed. The others gave me the parsing error (even tough someone on 2.2 or 2.3, or maybe even 4.0 should try them out).

The app looks good, but with time I think you might want to add some submenus, because the screen is going to get really crowded. Some suggestions:

-right now, when I click in a box I get the qwerty keyboard. It would be nice to have the number keyboard (this is, however, not essential);
-some drop-down boxes for selecting the units would be nice (like mA, A, uA, etc);
-on some larger pages (like the encoder calculator or the unit converter), the page is larger than my screen, so I only see half of the 'Calculate' button. Being able to scroll the window would be nice, or to access a "Calculate" menu via the option key.

As of now, this is a really good start. People will really find some use in this, no matter their level of knowledge.

P.S.: I hope a resistor color decoder/encoder is somewhere in your future plans :P

Admin:
ok, I'll look into those issues.

I will have to admit that I don't own an Android device or even have access to one . . . I'm doing it entirely with emulators. What is your phone model? I probably have an emulator for it.

There are ~20 different phone models under ~4 major Android versions so getting everything to play nice is a challenge :-\

Also, what do you think about the unit converter app?

And lastly, the app name is still up in the air. I'm open to suggestions.

Admin:

--- Quote from: Cristi_Neagu on December 21, 2011, 08:31:41 PM ----on some larger pages (like the encoder calculator or the unit converter), the page is larger than my screen, so I only see half of the 'Calculate' button. Being able to scroll the window would be nice, or to access a "Calculate" menu via the option key.

--- End quote ---
fixed!

--- Quote ---P.S.: I hope a resistor color decoder/encoder is somewhere in your future plans :P

--- End quote ---
As soon as I figure out how to do drop-down menus, lol . . . in the long term I should do this, but there are apps already that can so I'm putting it off . . .

Cristi_Neagu:

--- Quote from: Admin on December 21, 2011, 08:49:44 PM ---What is your phone model? I probably have an emulator for it.

--- End quote ---

Samsung Spica, aka Portal, aka i5700.

--- Quote ---Also, what do you think about the unit converter app?

--- End quote ---

I like the idea that you just have to put in a value and hit just one button, instead of sifting through either edit boxes and/or buttons. So it's a good one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version