go away spammer

Author Topic: leg construction help  (Read 2098 times)

Offline aringendmattTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
leg construction help
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:34:22 PM »
I'm currently attempting to build a wearable robot (closest representation is the landmate from the movie appleseed) but I'm having issues with building the leg, I have the torso and arms figured out by using inertial and mechanical mocap.

But I don't know what kind of setup to use to get the legs to move, and need some insight as to what would be the best way. Iv thought of pressure sensors as my leg will be inside the robots leg, or possibly if someone knows what the "hulc" or "exo hiker" uses that might be a good first step as I will ned to be able to not only walk, but turn as well. (Not at any great speed).

Any ideas or help would be great. Please no negativity or "can't do it" remarks, it wastes time and isn't usefull. Because it can be done, and I will do it :)

Offline Batienzaxcore

• Helpful? 0
  • Just me. Really.
Re: leg construction help
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 07:24:35 AM »
Maybe you ought to focus on one part first? This is your first post, that would probably mean you're new in the field.
Music is really my thing. But I am haunted by my fantasies of seeing robots rock out - A literal metal band.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 02:21:55 AM »
I have focused on the other parts? That's how I came up with using motion capture built into smaller master arms portruding from the chest? As well as a 210kw power supply for powering it for short periods.

All I'm left with is building the legs, and I know how to build them, I just am not quite sure how to make them move whal my legs are inside the upper thigh and knee? That's why I'm asking for advise. And even at that I could just write a program to make it walk as I press down on a pedle, I just have no idea how to get it to turn.....

Offline Batienzaxcore

• Helpful? 0
  • Just me. Really.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 10:37:53 PM »
Hmmm... Currently I'm doing a project that is similar to that (Although I'm doing the leg part only)... D'yah think you could use a high-torque motor that could make your knees flex and extend?? And have it controlled by push buttons on your hand?
Music is really my thing. But I am haunted by my fantasies of seeing robots rock out - A literal metal band.

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »
Idk about that. I figured mine out by just programing in movements that run as you press down on pedals. Kinda a simplistic dumb way to do it, but I had the room andsuch to do that. Got the idea from one of my friends rc planes that uses pre programed servo motion with push buttons to do rolls and dives. Idk if that would help you out though cuz in my new leg design my legs will never move, the leg will move around mine as the legs are huge.

But depending on the scale you are talking about, it might work but its all in the programming. But if you don't mind having your legs dangeling you could hook up motion control to your legs (a comparable idea you could look at is an anime called sky girls) that might work too. I looked at that idea for awhile but discarded it myself. I'm no expert though, this is my first project using 2 legs much less anything bigger then a foot tall.

Get Your Ad Here