go away spammer

Author Topic: Need suggestions for finishing my project  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Builder1Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Need suggestions for finishing my project
« on: November 27, 2009, 10:00:15 PM »
Hi Guys,
After a year hiatus, I've decided to come back to societyofrobots to get some help on my project. I had to put my project on hold since I ran out of funds for my project. I was able to get back on track about a week ago. I recently bought a Sabertooth dual 25A motor driver and a Mini-ATX Single Board Computer to serve as my processing unit. The Sabertooth motor driver is designed to controll two motors simultaneously. At this point my robot is a frame in the shape of a rectangle with a pair of wheels on either side.  The back wheels will be driven by  motors which are going to be powered by a sealed battery. I am planning to  control the motors with the Sabertooth motor driver. The role of the Mini-ATX is to serve as a computer which will run programs that will control the motor driver and the different sensors on the robot.  I am either going to use a flash drive or an external laptop harddrive for my data storage device. That is currently where I am at right now, I don't know if there is any other hardware I will need. Also I would like to know if anybody has experience writing a program to controll a motor driver using java or c++. I would really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction, thanks in advance for your help.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:45:14 AM by Builder1 »

Offline GWER57

• Helpful? 2
Re: Need suggestions for finishing my project
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »
What is your third point of balance going to be?
GTW

Get Your Ad Here

data_list