Author Topic: free atmel sample  (Read 7287 times)

Offline aruna1Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • I'm an Ordinary guy
free atmel sample
« on: October 05, 2008, 08:35:35 PM »
i have a question.in order to get free samples from Atmel do i have to own a company or should i fill company field with fake one.and do they charge for shipping samples?

and can i order samples of any Atmel product or only MCUs? since I'm a beginner what MCU would you recomend to order as a sample.(one that can be use even with advance robots in future(not in just line followers))
thanks
I'm Me

paulstreats

Re: free atmel sample
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 02:35:29 AM »
Normally you can just make one up. BUT Atmel are quite difficult to get samples from. I tried ordering samples for a company I was working for a few years ago (It was for a legitamate product we were looking for alternative controllers for an existing product to broaden the range of devices used). After a month of not hearing back, I emailed them and got to speak with an field sales manager. After explaining what we were doing, what we were interested in etc.. he said he'd look into it. After another 3 weeks of not hearing from them, we gave up and used an Analog Devices ARM7 instead....

Microchip are usually quite easy to get samples from, you just have to have a non generic email address, remember if you make anything at hobby level using free samples then its only fair and good manners to mention the companies that helped you out either when writing it up or maybe a small advertisement or something.

Offline sotu

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 0
  • ïBB - Eye Biped Bot
    • Easy Built Biped Bot
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 10:30:26 AM »

and can i order samples of any Atmel product or only MCUs? since I'm a beginner what MCU would you recomend to order as a sample.(one that can be use even with advance robots in future(not in just line followers))
thanks

Are you thinking of what kinds of, example AVR's you should should use? Like ATmega8 or others from the atmel AVR family?
Or like PIC's?
How to build a biped bot:

Offline aruna1Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
  • I'm an Ordinary guy
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 09:27:08 PM »

thanks

Are you thinking of what kinds of, example AVR's you should should use? Like ATmega8 or others from the atmel AVR family?
Or like PIC's?

well i was thinking about PIC
I'm Me

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 10:22:38 PM »
PIC is made by Microchip, you can get samples.

AVR is made by Atmel. See Paulstreats post about getting samples from them.
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list