go away spammer

Author Topic: ideas for my deGREE final project  (Read 6343 times)

Offline robotmirTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
ideas for my deGREE final project
« on: July 13, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »
hey guys,, i know there alot of expert in robotic here...so i want help from all of u....u see, im in my final year in electronic engineering...so i have to do my degree project to finish out my course....for now, im thinking about making a robot title "AUTONOMOUS ROBOT NAVIGATION AND OBSTACLES AVOIDANCE"...in my idea the robot will just moving around autonomousLY and if there obstacles near, it will avoid it....the problem IS I FOUND IT TO BE TOO SIMPLE...ARENT U GUYS AGREE???????THATS WHY IM POSTING A TOPIC HERE...I REALLY NEED IDEAS FROM U GUYS.....I HAVE SEARCH MANY IDEA IN THE INTERNET..ABOUT ROBOT NAVIGATION.....SOME OF THEM USING GENETIC ALGORITHM,SLAM AND SO ON...THE PROBLEM IS, I DONT HAVE ANY CLUE HOW IT WORKS.....MY KNOWLEDGE IS LIMITED.......ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTION TO MY PROJECT????I MEAN PROJECT THAT IM CAPABLE OF DOING.....IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME, IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!

PS
AMIRUL

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
Re: ideas for my deGREE final project
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 07:21:50 PM »
make a heat seeking robot

pretty simple to do....

whats your budget and how much is your experience in robotics?
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 07:34:52 PM »
LAST SEMESTER I HAVE JOIN MY UNIVERSITY ROBOCON TEAM...BUT OUR TEAM DIDNT GET FAR...HEHE....ANYWAY, AFTER JOIN THE ROBOCON, I HAVE FEMILIAR WITH THE FUNCTION OF IR SENSOR, AND ALSO DC MOTOR AND SERVOS...IM INTERESTED IN MAKING ROBOT THAT LOOKS LIKE THE ONE IN THIS WEB.....THAT USE ULTRASONIC SENSOR, SERVO MOTOR, AND MOVE TO A CERTAIN TARGET, AND MANAGE TO AVOID ABSTACLES.....THE PROBLEM IS I DONT KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE ROBOT HAVE A TARGET.....BECAUSE IN ROBOCON, THERE WAS A LINE FOLLOWER AND FIXXED SPACE THAT WE CAN MAKE PROGRAMMING FOR THE ROBOT....BUT IN REAL WORLD THAT DOESNT REALLY WORK WELL..RIGHT????? IS THERE ANY TECHNIQUES THAT I CAN USE TO MAKE THE ROBOT MORE USEFUL OTHER THEN MOVING AROUND AND AVOID ABSTACLES?????????? THANKS FOR THE REPLY MAN

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 08:30:21 PM »
please do not type in caps , I didn't really understand a word you said

Did you see my robot tutorial

http://www.societyofrobots.com/member_tutorials/node/55

the whole point of a senior project is to show what you've learned. Build some cool project that uses mostly electrical engineering concepts. Or build some basic obstacle avoiding robot .

Again , what is your budgets for this?

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 05:41:35 AM »
im sorry for that man, im just to excited.. :D :D anyway, my budget for this robot is arround 125 dolar....hmmm...i think i want to use ultrasonic sensor for the "eye" of my robot.....just now i went to see my supervisor, he said i need to specific my title for the project....,do u have any suggestion?? all of your projects are great...and you were using c language right?? during my robocon i used assembly language....which way more easier that c.....i want to ask you, can assembly langguage be use to control robot with ultrasonic sensor..like the one u made...

im sorry if you have a hard time to understand my words.... ::) ::)

ps
amirul

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 07:24:04 AM »
I used BASIC for that robot , but I know how to use C and assembly. Believe me C and BASIC are 100 times better than assembly .

Go with an AVR board and program in C on it , after assembly language , you'll understand it easily. Besides in assembly language you will have a really really long program.

MOVLW "AVR"
MOVWF You

lol

Assembly can be used to control anything that any other language could control. After all , all compilers convert to hex ( the same machine language).

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 07:53:17 AM »
wooo...you use BASIC....i never heard that software before.....Do you provide examples of BASIC programming in this web?? for example ur line follower + obstacles avoidance robot......i cant really imagine how to program line follower or other sensor using other software than MPLAB....haha......npow that i know c language is much easier than assembly...i think for this project i wanna use BASIC software......what do you think dude?

one more thing, i need your oppinion about my project ;
after many thoughts..... i want to make a waiter robot......my ideas :

*make a square shape white line for each tables in the restaurant, so that my robot can follow the line to any table.

*robot can bring food or can water

*use ultrasonic sensor to detect any human or chairs or anything that might disturb the line that it follow, and stop with a warning LED meaning someone must get out of it way immediately

*use IR sensor to detect white colored line....

i want you to give your oppinion about the ideas above..,anything you want to add to it, WOULD be great for me.....as long as you think im capable of doing it...hehe

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 08:31:55 AM »
I also made a butler robot , lol looks like I made everything you want to make .Feel free to use it as a guideline, but please credit me.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-Your-Own-Butler-Robot/
Vote for that tutorial also , please

BASIC needs compilers that cost a lot of money , and since you know assembly already get an AVR board ( like Admin's Axon board , thats what I use) and program in C , look online there are a lot of sample code for BASIC and C

your idea of a waiter bot sounds easy to do. Its basically my line following and obstacle avoiding robot , except bigger. What chassis will you use( motorized platform)??

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 10:36:08 AM »
im thinking of using only servo motor to drive the robot.....which mean, the robot will only carry empty can and small amount of food...lol ;D do you think its enough? about the BASIC software...,its the same step as assembly Language right??(after finish programming, we compile to hex file, then download to PIC) im only femiliar with the chip from microchip which is PIC16f877A......can i use BASIC software to program the PIC16F877A??

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 10:56:55 AM »
you need either PICBASIC compiler to program all PIC chips or buy a BASIC stamp kit and use their compiler

do some research on those two things

BASIC is very easy , its the easiest of all languages

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 11:00:47 PM »
ok.., thanks man....all of your works are great.., i respect you for that....

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 07:26:58 AM »
hey, i have a question....what type of wheels are the best and suitable to be use for line follower robot???? can i use the "belt" wheels like some robots?

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 09:20:32 AM »
hey, i have a question....what type of wheels are the best and suitable to be use for line follower robot???? can i use the "belt" wheels like some robots?

what are belt wheels? You mean like tank tracks? Yeah sure you can use those

Also what kind of course do you need it to go on? Like any ramps, etc.

You want a wheel that has enough traction that it doesnt slip.

I suggest you make a CAD of your robot before you actually make it . Design everything to scale.
http://www.societyofrobots.com/member_tutorials/node/70

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 11:08:05 AM »
my robot will moving on line follower track......hmm....im kinda confuse about the circuit that im going to use in my robot....how can i connect a "plug and play circuit for servo motor" to my IR and ULtrasonic sensor circuits?? do i have to make another pic to be connected with all the three circuits?? can you guide me for this one??   do you provide the circuits for sensors and other parts that you use in this website?? it would be great to see and understand the circuit....so i can start planning my programming flow chart....

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 11:36:09 AM »
read my tutorial

http://www.societyofrobots.com/member_tutorials/node/55

also, what kind of line following track?

Will it have 90 degree turns and breaks in the line? My robot handles this , but if you don't have such difficulties on your course ,then you could eliminate some sensors.

servo motors are plug and play by themselves. They have built in circuits. All you have to do is give them a pulse on one of their pins.

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 01:13:39 AM »
function of my robot is to deliver food that has been ordered my customer, to their tables with out hitting human or customers...that why i use line follower....the idea is that my robot will be following the line to a particular customer table,,if theres human or what so ever obstacles that stand on the line follower, i think i want to add some inrared or ultrasonic sensor, so that my robot can detect the obstacles and give them a warning to step away...what is you oppinion about that??have u ever use a c language software name PIC C compiler???? OR PCW compiler...i just got it from my friend... ;D ;D

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 07:35:23 PM »
PIC C compiler is expensive!

www.Narobo.com

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 08:54:40 PM »
really???how much is the price???? because i have just got it for free...lol.......if u want the software i can give it to u man....no problemO.......dude, i have hard time to understand c language, i dont understand how the function works....for examples :

unsigned int16 temp;

(why we must put int16 to variable temp??)

Motor_Brake(BRAKE_MTR_R_ON);

(what doest the name in () do?))

i dont really understand how that works...can u explain?

Get Your Ad Here

data_list