Author Topic: Robot Simulator/builder  (Read 7265 times)

Offline gamefreakTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
  • Robo-Enthusiast
Robot Simulator/builder
« on: April 15, 2007, 01:26:36 PM »
Does anyone know where i can download a realistic simulator or robot builder for a windows?
I started this topic awhile back but it got way off topic  ;D
All hail Rodney, the holy 555 timer
And Steve said: "Let there be lead!"

Offline ed1380

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
Re: Robot Simulator/builder
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 01:46:02 PM »
IIRC you can use vmware to emulate linux in windows and get a linux robot simulator
Problems making the $50 robot circuit board?
click here. http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=3292.msg25198#msg25198

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
  • Robo-Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM »
no, no more linux, 1. i dont know how to use VMware and i dont have the time to read the manuel or fidn the right one, 2. i got a program called partition magic but i still cant partition my harddrive for linux, 3. I understand that i need to understand some sort of programming launguage and i dotn want to learn another at this point in time

so please windows only

Offline ComputerGeek

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 05:03:14 PM »
Well it's great to see that kind of dedication in this world. But seriously if all you want is the mechanical side of it I would recommend AutoCAD but it WILL BE EXPENSIVE!!! If you want a software emulator without a language then Lego mindstorms would be easy. This is a technical field of sorts and having to learn something new should not be avoided. If you need to get off the ground quickley then ask someone to help with EXACTLEY what you need, I'm not saying that anyone would but it's worth a shot. As we who work in customer support like to say Good Luck With That!!!

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
  • Robo-Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 07:08:37 AM »
I have full access to autoCad 45 minutes for 3days a week and 90 minutes on another.

But i want something in the range of a 3D simulator where i can construct/upload a robot in it and program and put parts on etc....

Pretty much something to help me design the bots before construction and see how they can fare in various conditions

Offline Somchaya

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • You know it's cute!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 09:23:06 AM »
Hmm.. I think the Microsoft Robotics Studio allows you to construct a robot and test it in simulation.. I've not tried it out myself, but it should be decent at least  :) Give it a try and tell us how it's like!  ;D
Somchaya - Back after a year of misc things
http://whisker.scribblewiki.com

Offline nanob0t

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Trust Your Technolust
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 09:31:41 AM »
Hmm.. I think the Microsoft Robotics Studio allows you to construct a robot and test it in simulation.. I've not tried it out myself, but it should be decent at least  :) Give it a try and tell us how it's like!  ;D

Yes, Microsoft Robotics Studio allows you to virtually simulate robots, but I have no clue how.  I downloaded and installed it, but haven't taken the time to learn it.  They have a couple of tutorials on their main download site that will teach you everything to get advanced I guess.

Most of the robot simulators are on linux unfortunately.  I don't feel like getting a mock OS or anything to run it though. 

Offline ed1380

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 3
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 11:39:14 AM »
I cant even install it.
Problems making the $50 robot circuit board?
click here. http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=3292.msg25198#msg25198

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
  • Robo-Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 07:01:03 PM »
is there something simplier, microsoft robotic studio seems to just be robot programming, its kind of hard to tell since the tutorials seem to be for specific robot kits

I know how to draw in 3D(except in AutoCad) so something that allows me to draw in 3D or upload a 3D image and have motors and such, also it needs a physics system so that i can see how the robot moves and stuff
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 04:01:20 PM by gamefreak »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list