go away spammer

Author Topic: Will these 433MHz radio transmitter and receiver pair work with a Mega  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Joker94Topic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
hi every one

I have recently discovered that my local electronics store sells a transmitter and receiver both operating at 433 Mhz. I know for sure that they work with a PIC but i am  not sure if they will work with a Mega.

For the transmitter i am guessing i will hook up power and ground and connect the tx line to the data out put. As in the following data sheet. and the antenna to ANT

http://www.jaycar.com.au/products_uploaded/ZW3100(mod).pdf

As for the reciever i am not sure as there are 2 Data lines?

http://www.jaycar.com.au/products_uploaded/ZW3102(mod).pdf

My main question is would it be possible for me to use these with a Avr, i have been told that they are reliable, have a range up to 100m and for the both of them are only 26 dollars.

Thanks for your time

Joker94

Offline hopslink

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 14
If they work with a PIC then they should work fine with an AVR. They are a basic OOK pair so whatever digital state the Tx input is, the Rx output should match - provided you don't exceed the maximum data rate.

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
great, thanks for your help hopslink.  i will post my progress
 ;D

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
Those two data lines are connected internally, so you can pick and choose between which one you will use since it won't matter.

Offline billhowl

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 32
  • Your success is in your hands.
VirtualWire
Interface Arduino to low cost RF wireless modules to provide high performance transmitters, receivers and transceivers for data. Circuit diagrams and documentation and download instructions here.

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
Billhowl, thanks alot for that.

Picking them up in about an hour ;D ;D

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
well got them and built some modules for them and ready to test some basic operations over the next few days

Get Your Ad Here