go away spammer

Author Topic: Wiper motor change direction  (Read 5669 times)

Offline BatienzaxcoreTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
  • Just me. Really.
Wiper motor change direction
« on: December 24, 2012, 02:19:14 AM »
Hello. I've got a 12v Isuzu truck wiper motor to use in my project. It has 4 wires (blue, green, black, white), and then by experimentation, I found that white is for common, blue is for high speed and black for low speed.

I wanted it to go in both directions, but then I tried exchanging the leads (I use black for + and white for -), but then it didn't go in the reverse direction. I've checked all that I can in Google and I can't simply find the answer, so I asked you guys. How am I supposed to reverse the direction of the movement of the wiper motor?
Music is really my thing. But I am haunted by my fantasies of seeing robots rock out - A literal metal band.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Wiper motor change direction
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »
Hi,

I wanted it to go in both directions, but then I tried exchanging the leads (I use black for + and white for -), but then it didn't go in the reverse direction.
What did it do - go forward, buzz, heat or nothing at all?
What about the green wire?

I've checked all that I can in Google and I can't simply find the answer, so I asked you guys. How am I supposed to reverse the direction of the movement of the wiper motor?
Not all wiper motors are able to reverse, but most are - it depends on how the gearbox is construucted.

Could you post any markings on the motor, like manufacturer, part number, model number and whatever you find?

EDIT: And what truck model exactly?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:29:29 AM by Soeren »
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline BatienzaxcoreTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
  • Just me. Really.
Re: Wiper motor change direction
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »
Awww... I've made a few mistakes. First off, it was a 12v wiper motor used for a Mitsubishi L300.

And another major mistake that I've done is that, the battery that I was using didn't have enough charge to make my motor move. I tried replacing the leads again, and it worked like a simple DC motor.

Sorry about that. Thanks anyway for replying.
Music is really my thing. But I am haunted by my fantasies of seeing robots rock out - A literal metal band.

Get Your Ad Here