go away spammer

Author Topic: Will 11.1 volt battery works with Axon?  (Read 3031 times)

Offline salirazaTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Will 11.1 volt battery works with Axon?
« on: October 04, 2008, 11:21:44 PM »
Hi,
I just got my new Axon and wondering if I can power the system with my 11.1V Li-poly battery. I see that the regulator on board can take such input voltage, but am not sure if Usb cn have any issues. Please advise.

Take care.

Ali

Offline Razor Concepts

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 53
    • RazorConcepts
Re: Will 11.1 volt battery works with Axon?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 08:31:08 AM »
If you used the 11.1 lipo you cant use any servos on the left and right side header pins, since servos cant handle 11.1 volts.

Offline salirazaTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »
Thank you for your reply Razor. Apart from the servo drawback there is no other issue with 11.1V battery source? From the data sheet it says max is 20V, so 11.1V should be safe to use. I am more concerned by the 3.3V output and the USB circuit, if that will work fine with a 11.1 main source. I have looked at the schematic but was in doubt.

However I must say that the Axon board is really an ideal solution I've came across so far..... not only it reduces the power circuit but also other peripherals due to tons of I/O. I am using BLDC motors so not concerened about the servo related issue.

Take care.

Ali

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:18:31 AM »
Apart from the servo drawback there is no other issue with 11.1V battery source?
Nope, no reason not to use the higher voltage (other than the servo limit). The USB is protected by the 5V regulator.

(sorry for the long delay, as I was replying to this message a few days ago, my computer went whack with literally 40+ viruses all at once and still counting :'()

Get Your Ad Here