go away spammer

Author Topic: Wire connectors for Wheelchair Motors?  (Read 5808 times)

Offline SeagullOneTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Humans and Robots working together for our future.
    • Loren John Presley - Author, Artist, Roboteer
Wire connectors for Wheelchair Motors?
« on: March 06, 2009, 11:09:47 PM »
Now that I have my robot's chassis built, and the main battery and motors mounted, I'm ready to start preparing the electronics for the mobile drive.

Problem: I want to connect the two wheelchair motors I have to the sabertooth 2x25 motor controller without soldering them. I could solder them easily, but I want to be able to easily take out the wires incase I want to try something different or exchange parts.

I'd post a picture of what the wheelchair motor wire connectors look like, but I don't have a camera on me right now. All I can say is that there are two colored wires, blue and red (for power of course) and two thin white wires, which of course I'm ignoring. The connectors are female with flat terminals and appear to have a rubbed sheath around them.

I've checked RadioShack and online for propper wire connectors, but with no luck? Do the counterpart connector exist out there? Should I just go ahead and solder them?

Thanks.
I think the chauffeur did it.

He did.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
Re: Wire connectors for Wheelchair Motors?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:20:34 PM »
Hi,

Sounds like automotive spade terminals.

Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline SeagullOneTopic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
  • Humans and Robots working together for our future.
    • Loren John Presley - Author, Artist, Roboteer
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 12:38:50 AM »
Thanks Soren.  :D I'll check Autozone.
I think the chauffeur did it.

He did.

Offline ExpressYourSelfMan

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 10:18:04 PM »
Hi SeagullOne. Looks like you got an answer to your wire connector question which was also very informative for me.

I am new to this and I noticed in your post that you were trying to hook up the wheel chair motors that infact had 4 wires each to the sabertooth 2x25. I am going to be doing the exact same thing and wanted to see if your setup worked out okay. Did you ignore the other 2 wires and how did you hook up everything to the sabertooth?  were you using an rc setup?  i am building a lawnbot and am looking for the simplest setup possible to set up rc w/ the 2 motors (that have 4 wires each coming out).  any advise and experience sharing would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:22:28 AM »
Setup works. I have Sabertooth too.

The thin wires are brakes, just apply power to them and the brake is release. Don't give any power and the brake is engaged. Just hookup the red and blue wires to the Sabertooth.
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline itsmeutkarsh

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 12:51:46 AM »
Hi,  i wish to rebuild only the sabertooth 2x25's driver section. Pls tell me which MOSFET is used for driving the motors.
Pls reply.

Get Your Ad Here