go away spammer

Author Topic: Automatic soap dispenser - how do they dispense liquid soap?  (Read 7282 times)

Offline ibotTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Automatic soap dispenser - how do they dispense liquid soap?
« on: February 27, 2011, 09:29:06 AM »
Hi,

I am wondering how automatic soap dispensers pump the liquid soap out. I am thinking of a linear actuator pushing the regular pump  ;D

But, these liner actuators costs around 50 bucks  :( So, I am hoping there might be a better way to do it [as the automatic soap dispensers in market costs around $20].

Please let me know if there are other ways to do it. I google'd for this topic and did not found much info. may be I am using wrong keywords. In case if you have links to any articles related to this topic, please let me now. greatly appreciate it !

Offline Jak24

• Helpful? 0
Re: Automatic soap dispenser - how do they dispense liquid soap?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
Hi,

I am wondering how automatic soap dispensers pump the liquid soap out. I am thinking of a linear actuator pushing the regular pump  ;D

But, these liner actuators costs around 50 bucks  :( So, I am hoping there might be a better way to do it [as the automatic soap dispensers in market costs around $20].

Please let me know if there are other ways to do it. I google'd for this topic and did not found much info. may be I am using wrong keywords. In case if you have links to any articles related to this topic, please let me now. greatly appreciate it !

50$?? didn't know they're that expensive, i mean a simple solenoid would probably work, and they are much cheaper
(the cheaper ones cost like 5$) or you can make one yourself

Regards

Jak24

paulstreats

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:59:18 AM »
they usually use a peristaltic pump (or rolling pump).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peristaltic_pump

most things like soap dispensers, commercial dishwashers also dispense washing fluid with them. Great for pumping controlled doses of liquid, not so good if you need a linear actuactor.

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 01:15:33 PM »
Hi,

Please let me know if there are other ways to do it.
There are lots of ways to get liquid soap out of a container, but making your own will probably be more expensive than getting a cheap one.

If you want to make the control circuitry yourself, you might wanna consider the $3.85 "Empty Soap Cartridge & Pump Set" on this page
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Get Your Ad Here