Author Topic: Simulation of Brain surgery robot in simmechanics(simulink- matlab).  (Read 6249 times)

Offline DharmasasthaTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
hello hai,
         i am simulating four parallel manipulator robot in mechanics, i simulated entire robot. there are two degrees of freedom in my robot, one prismatic(linear in and out motion) and revolute, for rotation(tilt) i am using universal joints. the tilt occur only bez of the parallel manipulator, for eg.can you imagine two parallel manipulator(links)for one link i am feeding force as an input to the motor eg(1cm)next link i am giving negative force(-1cm)so one link will come up and one will go down but two links are fixed. at the end of link i am using universal joint from joint i connected one more body which i am going to tilt.my problem is that i can tilt my entire robot to 0.8cm.

if i give more than 0.8cm as an input i.e.(force to my actuators-stepper motor)it shows this error "Error originates in Mechanical block dharmasastha_FUSBOT_2links/PLANT/Link 2/Universal. A constraint has been violated. Check constraint solver type and tolerances in the Machine Environment block and Simulink solver and tolerances in Configuration Parameters. Check for kinematic singularities".Even i have changed all the constraint values, but still same error is coming. and i cant open that error dialog box usually we can open the error block in simulink.this s very important for me bez this is my masters(M.S) final year project(dissertation.) with this problem i can't move  next step of my project. please i request you to guide me from this problem.sir/madam please reply for this very important.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: Simulation of Brain surgery robot in simmechanics(simulink- matlab).
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 01:18:32 AM »
if i give more than 0.8cm as an input i.e.(force to my actuators-stepper motor)
Well, first, 0.8cm is a distance not a force . . .

i am simulating four parallel manipulator robot in mechanics
A constraint has been violated. Check constraint solver type and tolerances in the Machine Environment block and Simulink solver and tolerances in Configuration Parameters. Check for kinematic singularities
This is why it isn't working. You have a kinematic singularity. That's a fancy way of saying 'impossible by laws of physics'. I do not know what simulator you are using or what it's simulating, but there are two ways to get a singularity:
1) joint velocity approaches infinity
2) sum torque approaches zero (such as a collision, jamming, etc)

this s very important for me bez this is my masters(M.S) final year project(dissertation.)
I'm not sure what you are studying, but kinematics singularities is a fundamental 101 basic of kinematics :P

Get Your Ad Here

data_list