Author Topic: How to make alogrith for a artificial intelligence line follower.....??  (Read 15412 times)

Offline RITESH29Topic starter

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: How to make alogrith for a artificial intelligence line follower.....??
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2011, 06:08:02 AM »
In the circuit You pointed me to Op-Amp is used as Non-Inverting amplifier. R3 and R4 creates voltage divider which feeds only part of the output voltage back to inverting pin of an Op-Amp. As Op-Amp tries to hold potencial voltage difference of inverting and non-inverting pin at 0V, it increases output as required. So, if Your R3 = R4, then feedback voltage will be exactly 1/2 of the output voltage, to compensate the difference between input pins Op-Amp will increase output voltage 2 times making difference = 0V.

Hi again,

So using feedback will give any advantage then simple comparator as used by me earliers??

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2011, 06:42:01 AM »
So using feedback will give any advantage then simple comparator as used by me earliers??
These are very different circuits with different parts in them. The circuit You showed before uses Comparator which will change from low to high (or vice versa) when 1.65V threshold is passed. The circuit in SoR page (the one with an Op-Amp) uses, well... an Op-Amp and NOT the Comparator (yes, they look the same, but are different things). So, the second circuit is used to amplify voltage coming from phototransistor and resistor voltage divider. Both circuits will work if colour difference of line to be followed and the ground around it is well defined (say, white line, black ground around it and there are no greys in between). Your circuit is OK and it would perform the same way as a circuit I posted before (only You don't use comparator making circuit more simple to implement, cheaper as well and taking less space), however them two circuits are not immune to noise (changing lighting conditions, slightly varying colours of line and ground around it). To get that immunity, you have to implement Schmitt Trigger to Your comparator based circuit, this will give You well defined transitions between high and low which are immune to signal noise and inaccuracies (to some extent).

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:24:22 AM by newInRobotics »
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2011, 07:00:05 AM »
OK, Now what the different in this ckt..........

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2011, 07:16:57 AM »
OK, Now what the different in this ckt..........
This is a Schmitt Trigger circuit which can be incorporated into Your IR circuit.

Edit: Read through Page 1 and Page 2 of The Schmitt Trigger tutorial so that You better understand how it is going to benefit Your line follower.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:19:52 AM by newInRobotics »
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian W

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2011, 07:54:36 AM »
There is 7414 chip for that........

Offline newInRobotics

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 48
  • N.I.R.
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2011, 08:14:19 AM »
You can use IC chip as well, it does not matter, apart from missing on learning part.
Nowadays, there is an IC for almost anything  ;D

Get Your Ad Here

data_list