Author Topic: install ndiswrapper in Ubuntu - I can't figure it out  (Read 13647 times)

Offline z.s.tar.gz

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • Linux Guru
Re: install ndiswrapper in Ubuntu - I can't figure it out
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 03:36:55 PM »
I'm not going to argue. There are those who get what linux is all about, and those who don't.
No amount of explaining it will ever change anything.
Save yourself the typing. Just call me Zach.

Offline madsci1016

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 43
    • Personal Website
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 03:47:59 PM »
I don't see an argument. My statement was that "linux cannot do what is needed out of the box".

You agreed by saying "without having to learn something".  It would be a neat trick if you where able to configure linux to do what you need WITHOUT learning something.

Those are the same statement with different wording. which system is 'better' is a matter of opinion.

I 'get' linux as much as you do (since we both said the same thing) and that's why i choose to avoid it.

Offline z.s.tar.gz

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 5
  • Linux Guru
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 04:06:06 PM »
I'm not going to argue any more. You think your way, I think mine.
At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter anyways.
Save yourself the typing. Just call me Zach.

Offline madsci1016

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 43
    • Personal Website
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 04:27:24 PM »
For the sake of being clear, I don't 'think' one way about linux. It's pretty much common knowledge that linux is an OS that requires effort to be fully functional, much more so then any windows product. I mean this thread was started in an effort to get a wireless card to work on a new install. How many hours do you think Admin wasted on that point?

I use linux everyday, it runs on many of the robots i use at work, there is no other operating system that gives us what we need on a robotic platform.

There is also no os that gives many people what they need on a personal pc other than windows