Electronics > Electronics

H-bridge from robotpower.com?

(1/1)

dave.m:
Hi I'm new to this and purchased a couple of simple h-bridge controllers from robotpower.com.

I'm using it in the H-Bridge configuration so I have one motor and battery connected to the controller.  The controller has a bank of 8 connectors on the front which are supposed to be used for controlling motor direction, speed, reading the current flow, etc.  I'm just in over my head in terms of knowing how to connect something like an R/C receiver to the controller and would very much appreciate any input / suggestions --  I don't want to experiment with it and end up frying the controller and/or the R/C receiver. (PS.  I've left a message with them but have not heard anything so I thought I'd ask around here.)

Any held would really be appreciated!

Dave

dunk:
is this the controller?
http://robotpower.com/products/simple-h_info.html
in which case it looks like you have bought the wrong controller:

--- Quote ---The Simple-H does not have any on-board logic to interpret R/C, serial or other commands.
--- End quote ---

dunk.

dave.m:
Would something like a Basic Stamp work with that controller?  If so, what type of connections would be required?

Thanks!

Dave

PS: I bought 2 of the controllers and don't want to throw away my $$.

Steve Joblin:
According to the documentation, a wide range of command sources from switches to 555 timer circuits to microcontrollers and BasicStamps may be used to control the Simple-H.  The documentation (http://robotpower.com/downloads/Simple-H-user-manual.pdf) describes how you would connect it to a microcontroller.

dave.m:

--- Quote ---describes how you would connect it to a microcontroller
--- End quote ---

Yeah, except I've read it several times but still don't understand it.

For example, I'm assuming there's a contact for ground from your microcontroller on the CN1 -- but don't know which one it is. 

I think they're saying that I can connect to PA and EN and be done with it.  I'm not sure and don't really want to fry the controller or my microcontroller in the process.

Can anyone provide a complete newbie some guidance?

Thanks!

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version